THE NEW Sneap Forum FTP!!

I've found a ton of violations of policy on the FTP today. Namely:

1. Whole sessions (Pro Tools, Cubase, Nuendo, etc., gigabytes worth of session files!)
  2. Pirated commercial software

I can't tolerate this and I have deleted all files that fit this description.

Fair enough... I wonder though, what is the limit? how big must files be to get deleted and how many KB's or GB's is pushing it?

Fair enough... I wonder though, what is the limit? how big must files be to get deleted and how many KB's or GB's is pushing it?

It's not a question of file size - it's a question of purpose. If you have gigabytes of free drum samples and impulses, then that interests the community as a whole and should stay.

But if you're uploading whole sessions there so that your buddy in another country can download your tracks and add their bass part, or reamp through their Engl amp or something, then that's not of interest to the community - and it will be deleted. There are free services such as Pando.com that are excellent for this and work on Mac and PC beautifully.

But if you're uploading whole sessions there so that your buddy in another country can download your tracks and add their bass part, or reamp through their Engl amp or something, then that's not of interest to the community - and it will be deleted. There are free services such as Pando.com that are excellent for this and work on Mac and PC beautifully.

Would this be allowed if someone was to post it in the forum for the entire community to reamp/add parts to in a collaborative method? I assume it would be allowed if the community could remix (as that's why we're here).

Basically, if the entire community knows about it, is it then okay to post these?

Would this be allowed if someone was to post it in the forum for the entire community to reamp/add parts to in a collaborative method? I assume it would be allowed if the community could remix (as that's why we're here).

Basically, if the entire community knows about it, is it then okay to post these?

I'm in the process of building a new file exchange site for the forum. I'm going to set it up in such a way that we won't have these kinds of issues anymore and that it will naturally encourage the files to be of community interest. Obviously the use-case you're describing is cool, I just want to move away from the flat-file list format and onto something more dynamic and community-centered. More on that soon!