I never thought about this before.

Horus

and his imaginary friend
Mar 4, 2005
Atlantis
The other day, I'm sitting in my gym class, talking with one of ny good buddies about guitars and our bands' band practices n stuff. We reached a discussion o Floyd Rose birdges, and we talked about how gay it is to change strings on a Floyd Rose, because you have to unscrew the thing on the bridge, the nut, cut the ball off the string (assuming there is one) and winding the string, rescrewing the nut, the bridge, and repeating for each string. Well, he told me about something his guitarrist does with his Floyd Rose, and here's what he does:

He puts the string through the tuner first, so the ball is on the headstock, and puts the end of the string in the bridge. He plays it like that, and when he breaks a string, he unscrews the nut, unwinds the string slightly and pulls it down. He tightens it at the bridge and nut, and tunes it like that. , and he almost never needs to change his strings. (Unless they die.) WHY THE FUCK HAVE I NEVER THOUGHT OF THAT?!?!?!?!?!

I havent changed my strings in like 6 months..... and they are FUCKED. I am actually relieved when i break a string bcos it gives me an excuse to get a new set. The bottom string oscillates nearly a whole damn octave when I use it, lol. Well, maybe a little bit of an exaggeration.

i change my strings like every 2 or 3 weeks. its not a big deal for my, i can change them almost as fast as a hardtail.

well... not really. But im pretty good at it.

I cant stand those strings. They may last long, but they sound like crap, and you cant really hear the person playing as well. Kinda sounds a bit like techno. I like the sound of fingers going across strings, more emontional.

War_Blade said:
I cant stand those strings. They may last long, but they sound like crap, and you cant really hear the person playing as well. Kinda sounds a bit like techno. I like the sound of fingers going across strings, more emontional.

I can't tell the difference between my elixirs and uncoated strings. I love the way they feel and they last forever.

There IS a difference between the nano and polyweb coatings. The poly sucks, but the nano is great.

Yngvai X said:
I can't tell the difference between my elixirs and uncoated strings. I love the way they feel and they last forever.

There IS a difference between the nano and polyweb coatings. The poly sucks, but the nano is great.
I agree. I love Elixirs. I have a set on my flying v right now. And I used to buy ONLY Elixir strings, until I realized that they're so goddamn expensive! If they weren't $10 a pack, I'd probably still be using 'em all the time.
About the difference between Poly and Nano web coating, I always knew there was a difference, but I just couldn't put my finger on it.

I use both EB slinkys and DR Blues, which last forever, however, the only downfall is that if your a fast picker/shredder the blue wears off where you pick after a while, and it looks kinda shitty, but they never rust or turn black.

Ptah Khnemu said:
The other day, I'm sitting in my gym class, talking with one of ny good buddies about guitars and our bands' band practices n stuff. We reached a discussion o Floyd Rose birdges, and we talked about how gay it is to change strings on a Floyd Rose, because you have to unscrew the thing on the bridge, the nut, cut the ball off the string (assuming there is one) and winding the string, rescrewing the nut, the bridge, and repeating for each string. Well, he told me about something his guitarrist does with his Floyd Rose, and here's what he does:

He puts the string through the tuner first, so the ball is on the headstock, and puts the end of the string in the bridge. He plays it like that, and when he breaks a string, he unscrews the nut, unwinds the string slightly and pulls it down. He tightens it at the bridge and nut, and tunes it like that. , and he almost never needs to change his strings. (Unless they die.) WHY THE FUCK HAVE I NEVER THOUGHT OF THAT?!?!?!?!?!
Don't you have to wind the strings at the headstock when you do it your friends way? Because I am so retarded, I probably could not do that :erk:

Another thing I never thought about before....

WTF is up with them making musicians play sports in Gym class? WTF?!?!?!

EDIT: Actually, I have thought about this before.... and on multiple occasions.

Yes. But what do you mean Why? Why what? Why were we discussing this in that class? Because its the only class my friend and I have together.