I never thought about this before.

That was just a bit confusing because I thought this is really a class,
not just a subject and I related this name "gym class" to music and
so I wondered why it is called "Gym Class"

Well, here it IS a class, and you get graded on it (usually Pass/Fail) and its mandatory in most states for at least 2 out of 4 years in High School, but it varies from state to state..

I personally hated it eccept for when we did stuff like Rock walls, and Outdoor Adventures, which included stuff like zip lines that ran the length of the Fields...

In New York, Gym is mandatory in High School for all 4 years, unless you take more than one gym class at least one year. You have to take a total of 4 gym classes. It sucks. I just stay unchanged as many times as I can without failing. And when I do change, I do as little physical activity as i possibly can.

War_Blade said:
cause it is bullshit that musicians should have to take gym!!

yep, to quote a friend: "some atheltes dont smoke and drink because they play sports. i myself, dont play sports because i drink and smoke."

personally changing strings on a floyd takes me about 15 minutes to get them off, new ones on, stretched, in tune, bridge set up level and all. i personally don't remember how long it took me to change strings on my first guitar, a squirestrat which of course was not floating, but 15 minutes doesn't seem like a hassle to me. and i don't change them one at a time either, i take em all off so i can wipe the hardware and fretboard and what not first.

I do that, and I also don't like to get changed for gym.

In-School Drum lessons should qualify as a form of gym. I get more exhausted from drumming than from sports.

String Changing = Changing for Gym Class.

This thread became more fun than I thought.

Ptah Khnemu said:
String Changing = Changing for Gym Class.

not quite man, when you change strings you actually have something to look forward to: new strings on your guitar.
when you change for gym all you have to look forward to is looking like an asshole and potentially have some dude slap you on the ass.

Jaen said:
not quite man, when you change strings you actually have something to look forward to: new strings on your guitar.
when you change for gym all you have to look forward to is looking like an asshole and potentially have some dude slap you on the ass.
Good point. But with changing for gym class, I can always look forward to the end of the day being 40 minutes closer.

War_Blade said:
Changing the strings on the FR for the first time without a guide, was harder then any math test...
The first time I had to change my strings on a floyd, I looked at the bridge and said "..... Where the fuck does the string go?" Bc at that time, the string just looked like it magically came up out of the bridge.

wchuck said:
why do you all hate sports? Are you forced to do so many terrible things?
Yes.