i really need help from you guys

Sure, it was a bit crude to just come out and ask blatantly on the band's msgboard. I wouldn't kill him, though, just because he did--a couple replies even tried to talk him out of it. If he really wants it, there's not much anyone can do to stop him from obtaining it.

And no, reverberating that he's angering you by requesting it so blatantly isn't going to change the fact that he did ask for it. If it irks you /that much/, just ignore his post.

The whole thing is:
if one person says he/she has downloaded/listened to the promo then the word/discussion starts spreading. If it's a great album (when told by the person who mentioned it), others get interested or even envious and want the thing themselves. Then the search on the net follows and the "sharing" starts.

I hardly download any stuff at all, only stuff I wanna listen to (because I am interested in it) or don't have on cd yet (for various reasons). If I happen to like what I heard, I check with people who have the cds and listen to the whole thing. Then I decide whether or not I'm gonna buy the album. There are bands/musicians I'll buy the albums of blindly, some bands I have to check first, yet I do not even have a burner at home yet (FACT!). I have burned albums at home, yes, like anybody else does, but I'm gonna buy those albums sooner or later anyways, because those are my "must-have's".

After I got internet, I found it interesting to get so much stuff (others would say "for free"), yet I hardly downloaded like crazy or tried to get everything I could lay my hands on - simply because it is not the same. Like I said, I mainly downloaded for checking out stuff. I buy albums - I want the originals!
But I agree with those who say that it is so stupid to openly ask at a band's board (especially if it's a known fact, the band is against filesharing) where there's a chance to download or if anyone would share the mp3's privately.
And as for the majority of people who say that they downloaded an album and then gonna buy the album as soon as it comes out: yeah, right! I bet, most of them won't, unfortunately. It's just a phrase. And that's where the band really lose money over!

This is actually my first time at a board experiencing a "leaked album" discussion (since I am not a regular poster), and I find it highly interesting following all the discussions.

It was nice to listen to an album before its official release date, and as far as The Odyssey goes, I didn't wanna read any reviews or listen to anything from it BEFORE...yet I have done so anyway after all. I couldn't resist. I haven't downloaded it from the net, neither did I have any idea it has leaked already.
As far as the "true fan" factor is concerned, I had the chance to listen, so I took it and listened to the album BUT: 3 more weeks to go and I'll be able to BUY it. I am as impatient as hell, dammit! But I know that Symphony X are worth the whole wait! Then again, I love that band to death. Even if I wouldn't have had the chance to listen, I wouldn't go around asking for mp3's of it - even if tempted.
So, I guess, I am a rare species, by NOT going around downloading like crazy or desperately trying to get my hand on anything I can get, just because I can't wait.

The official site has 2 songs to offer already - tasters of what to come! Great! That should be enough, and I hope they won't put up any more because of the sharing.
If a band decides to offer the majority (or even all) tracks already, then the band is going to support the filesharing thingie too themselves: fans have downloaded the whole album, burn it, then..? Buy it anyway after all? Like I said, the majority won't, I guess. "Tasters" are okay, samples or full versions, but not a whole album.
Sometimes, when I drop by a band's website that has songs to check out/download, I must admit that I am a bit disappointed that those songs are only samples (especially when the songs are great), yet on the other hand it's a good thing, because it keeps me wanting more or makes me hit the stores to listen to the album - if interested, of course.

Ramble blah yadda... Nov. 4... :p

Oh, and DrumRman:
you don't have to blast out your opinion, just because your point has come across slowly. So, chill. The SX board is still a friendly one. Misunderstandings happen everywhere. I guess, the divine wings of olympus got it. ;) Besides that, he's new to the board. And then the "impatience" factor, allright?
IT IS ABOUT ASKING TO GET THE CD FREE AND ILLEGALLY ON THE BANDS OWN MESSAGE BOARD!!

If you get the CD d/l off somewhere else or from someone thats fine. It is DISRESPECT to the band to ask so blantantly for FREE product from the band on there own board.
I agree with you.

hey?????:confused:
can i say something???????
how do you know if i gonna buy it or not?????? you don't even know me???????? why are some of you treating me like i'm a bad guy???? i was very nice when i posted, i'm not a bad guy at all and i really don't think i deserve to be called a "jerk"

i agree that posting someting like that in the official band massage board was wrong, i realize it now, i made a mistake

PEOPLE MAKES MISTAKES!
it doesn't mean they are bad

and for all of you who tried to convince me that waiting will be better, thank you, you were right and thats what i'm gonna' do

and even if i decided to download it' it doesn't mean i wasn't gonna' buy it, trust me

Originally posted by the divine wings of olympus
hey?????:confused:
can i say something???????
how do you know if i gonna buy it or not?????? you don't even know me???????? why are some of you treating me like i'm a bad guy???? i was very nice when i posted, i'm not a bad guy at all and i really don't think i deserve to be called a "jerk"

i agree that posting someting like that in the official band massage board was wrong, i realize it now, i made a mistake

PEOPLE MAKES MISTAKES!

and for all of you who tried to convince me that waiting will be better, thank you, you were right and thats what i'm gonna' do

and even if i decided to download it' it doesn't mean i wasn't gonna' buy it, trust me

Nobody knows whether or not you're gonna buy the album. And I assumed, the majority will probably not, even though they say so.

There was nothing wrong with your post except THE post. :)
If people call you a jerk, well.... ;)
Go, read some forums first, then you'll get an idea of how people are replying, reacting to something and/or the way they "talk". The Symphony X board in particular is a really nice one, you'll see.

Have a nICE day.

Originally posted by Lady Of The Snow
Nobody knows whether or not you're gonna buy the album. And I assumed, the majority will probably not, even though they say so.

There was nothing wrong with your post except THE post. :)
If people call you a jerk, well.... ;)
Go, read some forums first, then you'll get an idea of how people are replying, reacting to something and/or the way they "talk". The Symphony X board in particular is a really nice one, you'll see.

Have a nICE day.

thank you, i whish you a good day to
and also wanted to say that i'v been aroud massages board of some bands for like 3 years

Originally posted by DrumRman
Dude at least they have pills to cure my faults, you on the other hand are screwed.

Ha, ha, can't take a joke, can you?
I'm not your enemy here, y' know. I'm on the same side as you so let's call it quits, shall we?

Originally posted by Lady Of The Snow
The whole thing is:
if one person says he/she has downloaded/listened to the promo then the word/discussion starts spreading. If it's a great album (when told by the person who mentioned it), others get interested or even envious and want the thing themselves. Then the search on the net follows and the "sharing" starts.

I hardly download any stuff at all, only stuff I wanna listen to (because I am interested in it) or don't have on cd yet (for various reasons). If I happen to like what I heard, I check with people who have the cds and listen to the whole thing. Then I decide whether or not I'm gonna buy the album. There are bands/musicians I'll buy the albums of blindly, some bands I have to check first, yet I do not even have a burner at home yet (FACT!). I have burned albums at home, yes, like anybody else does, but I'm gonna buy those albums sooner or later anyways, because those are my "must-have's".

After I got internet, I found it interesting to get so much stuff (others would say "for free"), yet I hardly downloaded like crazy or tried to get everything I could lay my hands on - simply because it is not the same. Like I said, I mainly downloaded for checking out stuff. I buy albums - I want the originals!
But I agree with those who say that it is so stupid to openly ask at a band's board (especially if it's a known fact, the band is against filesharing) where there's a chance to download or if anyone would share the mp3's privately.
And as for the majority of people who say that they downloaded an album and then gonna buy the album as soon as it comes out: yeah, right! I bet, most of them won't, unfortunately. It's just a phrase. And that's where the band really lose money over!

This is actually my first time at a board experiencing a "leaked album" discussion (since I am not a regular poster), and I find it highly interesting following all the discussions.

It was nice to listen to an album before its official release date, and as far as The Odyssey goes, I didn't wanna read any reviews or listen to anything from it BEFORE...yet I have done so anyway after all. I couldn't resist. I haven't downloaded it from the net, neither did I have any idea it has leaked already.
As far as the "true fan" factor is concerned, I had the chance to listen, so I took it and listened to the album BUT: 3 more weeks to go and I'll be able to BUY it. I am as impatient as hell, dammit! But I know that Symphony X are worth the whole wait! Then again, I love that band to death. Even if I wouldn't have had the chance to listen, I wouldn't go around asking for mp3's of it - even if tempted.
So, I guess, I am a rare species, by NOT going around downloading like crazy or desperately trying to get my hand on anything I can get, just because I can't wait.

The official site has 2 songs to offer already - tasters of what to come! Great! That should be enough, and I hope they won't put up any more because of the sharing.
If a band decides to offer the majority (or even all) tracks already, then the band is going to support the filesharing thingie too themselves: fans have downloaded the whole album, burn it, then..? Buy it anyway after all? Like I said, the majority won't, I guess. "Tasters" are okay, samples or full versions, but not a whole album.
Sometimes, when I drop by a band's website that has songs to check out/download, I must admit that I am a bit disappointed that those songs are only samples (especially when the songs are great), yet on the other hand it's a good thing, because it keeps me wanting more or makes me hit the stores to listen to the album - if interested, of course.

Ramble blah yadda... Nov. 4... :p

Oh, and DrumRman:
you don't have to blast out your opinion, just because your point has come across slowly. So, chill. The SX board is still a friendly one. Misunderstandings happen everywhere. I guess, the divine wings of olympus got it. ;) Besides that, he's new to the board. And then the "impatience" factor, allright?

I agree with you.

Christ- huge post! :lol:

I must say one thing though- I agree! ;)

To the divine wings of olympus:

Look at the username 'Lady of the Snow'...."Lady", not man :D

Hehe.

Oh and don't think I'm treating you as a bad guy- Welcome to the board!!! :D

It's just [like Lady of the Snow said] that a lot of people who download the whole album don't bother buying it.

I hope you really are going to wait and buy it- But I don't know- And it's none of my business. :cool:

One more thing:

Symphony X - Perfect

Dream Theatre - Below average

:lol:

Originally posted by the divine wings of olympus

PEOPLE MAKES MISTAKES!

Thank you. All I was trying to do was get a point across. My apologies for being a little rude about it.

Yes we all make mistakes, and I dont think your a bad guy for it, you just didnt think right this time.

I accept your apology, and hopefully you will accept mine. :)

Originally posted by DrumRman
Thank you. All I was trying to do was get a point across. My apologies for being a little rude about it.

Yes we all make mistakes, and I dont think your a bad guy for it, you just didnt think right this time.

I accept your apology, and hopefully you will accept mine. :)

i do accept your apology:p
and for lady of the snow, i'm such a dumbass for not realizing you were a girl i'm sorry
for symphony x fan, i respect your opinion but i still think dream theater are the best prog metal band;)

Originally posted by SymphonyXFan

I think everyone who dowloads the whole album is NOT a true fan. Don't give me this crap of "A true fan will buy the album".

I'm sorry, but I don't buy that B.S. that if someone downloads the album they are not a "true fan." I have downloaded the album, but I have also preordered it from Amazon.com. I own all Symphony X CD's (all purchased), I have a tab book (purchased), I have Romeo's video (purchased), some Japanese album display stands (purchased), am going to watch the band live in Ft. Lauderdale (purchased tickets already), and have now even gotten myself an ESP M-II guitar. Are you going to say now that I'm not a true fan because I got a sneak peek at the music on the album?

I have had too many blind CD purchases where I've gotten burned, and I no longer buy CD's without listening to at least most of it first. Even with my favorite bands I listen before I buy if I have the opportunity. I have NEVER burned a CD from mp3's that I have downloaded. As a musician myself I respect how difficult it is for musicians to make money in this business. I download mp3's so I can make a decision whether the CD is something I want to own or not. I'm not going to fork out cash for a CD that I'm never going to listen to. I downloaded most of the mp3's from Yngwie's new album because I wanted to know whether I wanted to purchase it or not. I'm still not sure if I like it enough to buy it...but we'll see.