I saw 2 corpses

AsModEe

also known as ass-mode
Feb 13, 2004
Québec City
Yup. My sister and I are studying at the same faculty (********/medecine programs are in the same faculty) and last friday I saw her at the cafeteria and I asked: hey sup? Still dissecting corpses? To that she answered yes and I replied with: "So, could you show me these corpses at the morgue? She said: sure why not! We'll need a permission but I can show you. Fortunately the little woman responsible for the permissions was nice enough to let me get inside the morgue even though I wasn't a medecine student.

So we went to the morgue of the university and there was about 30 corpses inside metalic tables. She opened 2 tables so I could see. Pretty weird experience! They look like mummies! They had already taken their skin off and they were opening their thoracic cages, it was quite a sight. I didn't dare to look at their face though.. they also had the arms of one of the corpses opened so they could analyse were the vessels were located. It was pretty impressive. They named the first corpse Bob but I forgot the name of the other one, I thought he should be named "Mario Rock"

there's been this exhibit travelling around the US, and I caught it in Vegas called "Bodies: The Exhibition" and it has something like 200 cadavers perfectly preserved and stripped down to various layers. it was a really awesome exhibit. if it comes up to canada you might want to check it out

unknown said:
there's been this exhibit travelling around the US, and I caught it in Vegas called "Bodies: The Exhibition" and it has something like 200 cadavers perfectly preserved and stripped down to various layers. it was a really awesome exhibit. if it comes up to canada you might want to check it out
yeah I remembering seeing pieces of the exhibit on the news channel, it looked pretty interesting!

unknown said:
Its in Vancouver right now. I'm going to see it in a couple weeks.

http://www.scienceworld.bc.ca/

I want to take a dismembered head, embalm it, and make it my talking puppet. We'd do awesome ventriloquist shows together.

I saw tons of corpses from weekend driving accidents, as a part of a sensibilization campaign from a famous Belgian doctor and what struck me most is that no matter how crazily those corpses were mutilated, what strikes you most of all is how real it is. Those mutilations, spilled guts, smashed brain pans and all are tolerable, it's just the reality of it that makes the strongest impression.

At least for me.

I see corpses or at least parts of corpses (mostly head now) three times a week... I got used to it... It's weird for me though to see corpses of children or babycorpses... we even had fetus corpses a few times... those make me sad