i think i am burning myself out

I think I was still listening to The Beatles back then :D

JayKeeley said:
I've even got some good old fashioned power metal going with the new Power Quest CD (where I'm going to do a follow up interview with Steve from PQ).
Fucking cool :cool:

Sometimes I just get a bit tired of Metal, like everyone else...you come back to it in your own time. It can be amusing what you sometimes end up deviating to, though :D

I bet in 6 months you'll be discovering Def Leppard and KISS and you'll never be the same again :saint:

If you're gonna test me, I'm sure you'll find
The things I teach ya
are sure to beat ya
but nevertheless you get a lesson from teacher now

Alright, we're here, just sittin' in the car
I want you to show me if you can get far
Step on the gas (STEP... on... the.. gas?)

I played that game like three times total probably and still the tunes are stuck in my head. Heh.

Anyone ever play Silent Hill on the PSX? Oh man, the soundtrack to that was phenomenal. I saw it on sale once in a Japanese store, but game soundtracks are pretty expensive!

Here it's the contrary, I dig extreme music no doubt... though don't have enough time to listen to some items of my collection.

JayKeeley said:
Anyone ever play Silent Hill on the PSX? Oh man, the soundtrack to that was phenomenal. I saw it on sale once in a Japanese store, but game soundtracks are pretty expensive!
Hell yes, Akira Yamaoka is brilliant. "Theme Of Laura" from SH2 is my favourite piece of music from a computer game ever...

Russell said:
Hell yes, Akira Yamaoka is brilliant. "Theme Of Laura" from SH2 is my favourite piece of music from a computer game ever...
Oh man, you know the composer? Dude, you always pull through for me on the Japanese front! Do you know if I can get an MP3 somewhere of the music from Silent Hill? I don't really want to buy the CD etc, I just want the theme.

There is no video game music higher than Ys Book I & II, a game that I'm sure nobody has ever heard of. Well, maybe Russell. ;)

NAD said:
"Punch, kick, it's all in the mind..."

Man, that game was great!
Indeed :D even better when you had no concept of how to play it and just had the little guy going kickpunchkickpunchkickpunchkickpunch at 260bpm :saint: and yet I almost always still finished the level...

Black Winter Day said:
i'm getting to a point where i am listening to music during a lot of my free time, whether it is reviewing promos or listening to stuff from my own massive collection, most of it being... well you all know what i listen to. if i keep going at this rate, i'm going to be burned out on this kind of music (black/heathen/whatever metal) and some of it is becoming somewhat bland to me. ugh... this stuff happens when you are constantly listening to this music. i think i am going to take a break from the extreme stuff and come back to it in a few days... anyone else experience this sort of thing???
Welcome to my world.

It's part of why I disappeared for a while. A nice healthy dose of all kinds of cool music, and everything seems more fresh. Better even.

JayKeeley said:
Oh man, you know the composer? Dude, you always pull through for me on the Japanese front! Do you know if I can get an MP3 somewhere of the music from Silent Hill? I don't really want to buy the CD etc, I just want the theme.
Haha, nope, I just get lucky every now and then ;) If you want I can mail you Laura's theme from SHII, and I do have a friend with all the soundtracks which I've been meaning to borrow for a long while...

But, if you want other songs, after an hour long search I did manage to find MP3's from the game for free to download a while ago on some gaming site. You just had to sign up, so I'd imagine you shouldn't have too much trouble finding them again. I would link you, but it was well over a year ago that I downloaded the tracks I have. :)