I thought there would be much more activity in this forum :(

Well, this forum really shouldn't stay strictly on topic. It's too limiting. Plus, the official HDR discussion *email* doohickey itself has never been good to restrict people too severely so far as I know.
Boards are going to be inherently limited. They're not for every fan. The typical listener issn't going to take an hour a week to compose coherent text for the greater good of public discourse. In truth, this is one of the more active forums I use.

This forum will be huge.. We should all see to that. If we visit any other music forums, tell people to come here.. TELL YOUR FRIENDS!! TELL YOUR MUM!!

As for off topic, in the Opeth Forum, there was so much off topic discussion, that the forum was split into 2 sections.. I hated it at the time, but now I beleive it is the best thing that could have happened to the forum..

As for this forum, for now, I think it will mostly stay as a music discussion forum.. until people start to get to know each other better, and make friends...

Once this place becomes a community, then I'm sure we'll see plenty of good off topic threads.

This is the first Non Opeth forum on UM that I now regularily visit. So I plan to keep it alive, because devin is the single most influencial person to me music wise...

I'll keep the forum alive so I have a place to detail squishy medical procedjures.

Well, to me it's not very important if this forum is not that active. I mean, it's Devin Townsend forum and this is anyway great place to talk about Devy-music. It's a bit useless to talk about SYL and Devy in for example Blind Guardian or In Flames forums since there are not that much fans of Devin's music in those places.
-And, this forum is new also. It will grow.

I actually do have a clue what I am talking about. If you check my reg date, I've been around UM for awhile. The forum is not for me.
By the way, your flashing signature image makes me want to vomit. What is your mailing address so I might send you a sample?

Alright, fair enough if the forum isn't for you. I spend a lot of time their, and I have some very good friends there, and I have a lot of fun there, and we aren't a bunch of commies.

As for the sig, you're like the 7000th person to whine about it, and I don't care, send as much vomit as you like. But I'm not looking for enemies. So don't piss me off, I'd rather get along.

Your sig is for wimps and commies and your fandom of Dev is an insult to his might and majesty.