I want a Progpower in NYC!!!!

AngraRULES said:
Thank you.

I can understand that. However, you have to admit that NYC is one of the major markets for metal in the USA (as far I know, I might be wrong though), as opposed to Atlanta or, some place in South Carolina or Kansas. You can't really compare NY to places like those. How big is the "scene" in the Atlanta area?
New York also has a very broad population with a high mix of Europeans. Hit a metal show in NYC and your bound to hear Russian, Finnish, German, French and so on...
Not only that, New York shows will draw people from NJ, Pennsy and CT. Sometimes even further.

Pesonally, I think it would be wiser to put on a fest just outside the city, like in Jersey. Will draw the same crowd but lower the costs. I agree it should be done by people from the area. Glenn's got his hands full as it is. Give it time, I believe it will happen.

I always wondered why Long Island wasn't a consideration. Airfare is relatively cheap to New York City (from Europe) and there are some great venues on Long Island (much like Earthlink..) that are a 30-45 min trainride away from New York City.

I often thought about getting something like this together up here, but I don't have any capital or contacts. I guess that's a problem haha

AMBR said:
New York also has a very broad population with a high mix of Europeans. Hit a metal show in NYC and your bound to hear Russian, Finnish, German, French and so on...
Not only that, New York shows will draw people from NJ, Pennsy and CT. Sometimes even further.

Pesonally, I think it would be wiser to put on a fest just outside the city, like in Jersey. Will draw the same crowd but lower the costs. I agree it should be done by people from the area. Glenn's got his hands full as it is. Give it time, I believe it will happen.

Ahh, finally back on this thang :)

So anyway, there's this brand new (not yet opened?) entertainment complex in South Orange, down the street from Seton Hall University (home of Metal's #1 radio station WSOU), LITERALLY at the train station to both the airport and the city. Plus, nearby roads, permenant tree reservation spaces.

The only problem is the lack of hotel . . .

BenMech said:
Ahh, finally back on this thang :)

So anyway, there's this brand new (not yet opened?) entertainment complex in South Orange, down the street from Seton Hall University (home of Metal's #1 radio station WSOU), LITERALLY at the train station to both the airport and the city. Plus, nearby roads, permenant tree reservation spaces.

The only problem is the lack of hotel . . .
That and Vailsburg. :zombie:
WSOU does rock, though. Maybe someday there'll be hope for So. O.

Mosquito said:
While many of you enjoy the greatness of a 20 minute drive to a show, many of us travel hours to get to them. The average for my friends and I is about 4 hours every show.

Dude, a 20 minute drive practically anywhere else in the country can, and sometimes does, take up to 4 hours in SoCal. :zombie:

notevenrushhour.jpg

6 lanes (including carpool) on a Saturday.
No accident. No construction. Welcome to Hell-A.

On a completely other note... why am I hearing, "This stuff's made in New York City?!" in my head now? lol

MetalRose said:
The bands can stay at my house in Hartford. It's only a 3 hour drive to NYC!

-Metal

Just have the show at the Webster instead. And it's more like 2 hrs from NYC. Along with 2 hrs from Boston.

AMBR said:

I agree. The Gigantour did it in a very clean nice venue in Atlantic City, at BB Kings. It was a nice set up and fits quite a few people, I dunno if its as big as Center Stage, but its big. I enjoyed it quite a bit.

Cheiron said:
New York City % white = 45%
Atlanta % white = 33%

and what exactly do you mean by that?

it is from my experience that almost a fourth, maybe more, of Prog Power Attendees are not white.

Either way, wtf does race have to do with anything on this thread?