i want to buy some new toy ...

lurch70

Sep 27, 2002
NYC
I am itching to buy some new toy ... some gadget.
what should i get.

all this vinyl and turntable buying got me itching. but that is too much investment, and chances are i will not buy any records. I hardly listen to music in the house and if i do, it is on the PC.

was thinking of that ... but will most likely trade it in next year and don't want to do any upgrades.

You going to get another MINI or are you done with them? I'm still in the "I'm never EVER getting rid of my car" mode, and it's almost been a year.

When I'm in the mood to spend cash for no reason:
car shit
expensive booze
gang of CDs
video game
music equipment

That's about it.

looking at the new 3 Series BMW ... new coupes coming next year.

maybe i will get an external HD ... but this is not much of a toy :(

lurch70 said:
looking at the new 3 Series BMW ... new coupes coming next year.

maybe i will get an external HD ... but this is not much of a toy :(

As a former owner of a 3-series, I have to say I'm not at all a fan of the new style/design of them these days. What are they thinking in Stuttgart?

It's Chris Bangle, the new kid. The 7-series is being toned down for next year, the 5... less said the better (except the sexy tail), the 1 :ill: , but the new 3 doesn't look too bad! You know what really makes me mad though, the new M5 only comes in automatic. WHAT THE FUCK.

Car and Driver just did a test on the new 3, they adore it. But they always have.

oh yes, but it's an SMG Auto ... the best fuin ever.

and the new 3 will not be as radical as the 5 or 7 + they are making it roomier for mutants like me.

I think the last M3 is one of the most beautiful cars in automotive history. Shit is up there with an old Gullwing in terms of jawdrop factor to me.

Automobile Magazine is the biggest BMW whore ... there was one issue once they had about 5-6 articles about Beemers .. I even wrote them a letter to stop being such whores

One Inch Man said:
Oh okay, I can say that's okay. Although no matter the case, 3 pedals > 2 pedals. :D

Q4MFT

Automatic transmissions are not for drivers, they're for Jewish women from Long Island. And no, I don't particularly care how "great" the steptronic/auto-stick tranny claims to be.
yuck.gif

the new Mini Cooper S ... has paddle shifters too ... thought about trading in my existing Cooper for it

My bro just got an Acura RSX, I must say that car is pretty f-ing sweet. You can tell the attention to detail was really high on that, everything looks and feels of high quality.

But my WRX is faster and can go in the dirt, so I regret nothing. :loco: Especially since he was so fucked on his trade in he's ending up paying $44k for a $23k car. :ill: :puke: :WTF: :shitmypants:

lurch70 said:
the new Mini Cooper S ... has paddle shifters too ... thought about trading in my existing Cooper for it

It does?!

One of the new Mercedes I believe is going the paddle-shifter route as an option.

NAD: LOFL you fucker. Browse the Adam & Eve website much? :cool: :Spin: