I wish Motley Crue..

TRrEiTxIxRiE DTrash

New Metal Member
Apr 14, 2001
... released an album around 1991-92. Rock & Roll Junkie and Primal Scream off Decade Of Decadence show so much promise. An album in the style of them would've just been the perfect growth from Dr. Feelgood to take Crue into the '90s.

:(

True. But I also wish the released one based around stuff like Bitter Pill and Enslaved.

And they definately need to release a DVD tour concert recorded during the their prime.
(Plus a live ep with Corabi on vocals would rock too)

"Primal SCREEEAAAMMM, and shout! Tear that sucker down...." :headbang:

I wish John Corabi had made another record with them actually. Nothing he's done (eg Scream, Crue, Union) has been as succesful as it deserves to be.

W

Poor guy. He's left Brides Of Destruction (Nikki Sixx' and Tracii Guns' new band) now too - to pursue a solo career. I really can't see that being successful either. :(

I have only heard bits and pieces of the album John did with Crue. I don't mind it, it's not bad at all actually. But I much prefer the Vince era stuff (except for Generation Swine of course haha). Crue without Vince isn't Crue really...

How cool does Vince sound on Primal Scream too?? His voice sounds so ballsy on it, hadn't sounded that good since Shout At The Devil!

Sydo - They DEFINITELY need to release a live DVD/Video!!! The Dr Feelgood tour would be the obvious choice coz the setlist would have songs from all their classic era and it was the climax of their career.

One from the Shout At The Devil tour would be great too! I have the festival they played in '83 on video, last show before Shout was released. It's awesome!

Crue with Corabi is so much heavier, and less 'fun'. Whether that's good or bad depends on your personal taste. Even I, how love the album, have to admit that it's not really Motley Crue though.

Primal Scream is easily one of my favourite Crue tracks. :headbang:

Yeah that was my take. I think it seems like it would be a VERY good album in its own right from what I've heard... maybe even one of the best from the mid-90s!

But I prefer Too Fast For Love, Shout At The Devil, etc obviously because Motley Crue are one of my all time favourite bands and they are what define Crue to me!

Primal Scream is easily one of my favourites as well! THE GROOVE IN IT! :headbang:

I seem to recall young Nikkolas Sixx saying that they should have changed the name of the band when John joined cos it wasn't Crue.

It'd be so cool if Mr Corabi joined a band that became a success while he was in it.

I like all Motley, both with Vince and the excellent album they did with John Corabi - 'Motley Crue' in 1994. That album should have been a lot more successful than it was, it rocks from start to finish.

As i said i like all Motley, even 'Generation Swine' rocks too. It takes a while to get into but when you did its a very good listen.

I haven't heard 'New Tattoo' though so I don't know what thats like.

'Bitter Pill' and 'Enslaved' from the greatest hits album rock, it would be awesome if they released an album of stuff like that.

Long Live Motley \m/

And i think there should be an unofficial Motley Crue from on UM.com too. They are more metal than AC/DC :)

Spiff said:
I seem to recall young Nikkolas Sixx saying that they should have changed the name of the band when John joined cos it wasn't Crue.
I think they should have too. There's lots of examples of bands where I think that should've happened. I reckon its cool that guys wanna experiment with something new, especially if it turns out really well like Motley Crue, but if its not gonna fit in with the rest of their catalogue, change the band name for it I reckon.

It's even weirder that they self titled the album, hahaha! Coz calling an album "Motley Crue" kinda has a "THIS IS MOTLEY CRUE" type vibe. Ironic :)

Spiff said:
It'd be so cool if Mr Corabi joined a band that became a success while he was in it.

He's in Ratt now, not singing though, just rhythm guitar. I think Jizzy Pearl is singing :) But nobody cares about them now because they suck now.

Haupassia said:
I haven't heard 'New Tattoo' though so I don't know what thats like.

Their heart was in the right place on that one, but it didn't come out very well. It was an attempt to recapture their "classic" sound, but the lyrics are pretty laughable in places, the production is bad, and there is filler everywhere. It's just a really bumpy album, has no flow, just good songs/parts scattered throughout.

My favourites are Hell On High Heels (which was written in '89 but left off Feelgood), She Needs Rock & Roll and 1st Band On The Moon. Punched In The Teeth By Love (written in 1991) is also okay, same with Treat me Like The Dog I Am and Fake which is pretty heavy.

There's so much potential on that album but its just badly done in my opinion.

It is a pretty good album with lots of good parts :) Just very very bumpy and inconsistent overall imo. Doesn't flow very well at all. Kinda like Hollyweird by Poison. Nice return to the classic sound, lots of good parts, just not a strong album from start to finish.