I woke up this morning and realized

Status
Not open for further replies.

Egon

New Metal Member
Sep 13, 2004
I just paid 30 bucks to drive for one hour and sit in 95 degree weather, while all the while I have to hear emo/hardcore people talk and do little rainbow bright dance moves for a few hours before opeth comes on. fuck.

Egon said:
I just paid 30 bucks to drive for one hour and sit in 95 degree weather, while all the while I have to hear emo/hardcore people talk and do little rainbow bright dance moves for a few hours before opeth comes on. fuck.

your rant... priceless. :loco:

All I got from SOTU was massive sunburn and vodka spilled all over me. Opeth's sound was wretched...so, that wasnt even worth going.

Egon said:

So you mean that you have an opportunity to drive what is less than the average southern california "one-way" commute, relax in warm summer weather, browse for some merch, likely meet Opeth face to face in a meet n greet, then see them play live and in person for less than $35 bucks? Not to mention all the anti-scene shit talking material you will get from the emo/hc kids you'll see (or if you wish, could choose to completely ignore)? I doubt those fans in countries where Opeth hasn't or will never be able to visit will have much sympathy for your plight, but hang in there man...

Out.:devil:

I feel it for you man. I suggest you try and look on it in a positive way though and look on it as a challenge which will help you appreciate Opeth even more.

Mr Samsara said:
So you mean that you have an opportunity to drive what is less than the average southern california "one-way" commute, relax in warm summer weather, browse for some merch, likely meet Opeth face to face in a meet n greet, then see them play live and in person for less than $35 bucks? Not to mention all the anti-scene shit talking material you will get from the emo/hc kids you'll see (or if you wish, could choose to completely ignore)? I doubt those fans in countries where Opeth hasn't or will never be able to visit will have much sympathy for your plight, but hang in there man...

Arnold Layne said:
QUIT BITCHING< YOUR LUCKY. BY COMPLAINING YOU SOUND LIKE AN EMO KID. GET IN YOUR CAR DRIVE THERE, GO TO THE CONCESSION STAND AND BUY A LONG COLD DRINK OF STFU.
capslock29cz.gif

Mr Samsara said:

Well aside from people that don't get the chance...

Seeing Opeth for 20 bucks, at a pretty good venue, with only two shitty bands, meeting them, and driving only a half an hour away definitely, by large amounts, beats that.

Egon said:

i have to drive eight hours every time i want to see a show, because no one tours in nebraska, and i don't blame them. but sometimes the roadtrip is the best part of the whole experience.

quit bitching about what sucks (rainbow brite dance moves... ha.) and enjoy what doesn't suck (Opeth, SYL, GWAR, etc.).

Or he could just choose not to be such a little bitch. You're lucky you only have to drive an hour or so. I'd have to take an at least 4 hour plane ride to CA to see it. >_<

6 hour drive, to meet Opeth, and watch a 30 minutes set -- I couldn't be happier.

Why is he whinging about the band, on the band's forum, when alot of people here, including myself, can't see the band live!

RAHHGHHGG to you Egon

Status
Not open for further replies.