I wonder if

AlexStomp

Feb 7, 2002
DC area
Visit site
Anthrax decides to keep Joey forever, would they do a farewell tour with John Bush???? I think it would at least be fitting for the fans of the Bush era albums.

Nope, they would just shit talk him for the next decade, then do a reunion with him.

DOH.

mrthrax said:
anything can happen,always expect the unexpected...
I don't expect Scott and Charlie to come out of the closet and proclaim thier undying LOVE for each other, so does that mean I should expect that? :loco:

As much as I'm enjoying the Belladonna shows, I'd go to a Bush fronted Anthrax show in a heartbeat. If it was a one off gig, I'd do my best to make it there.

DarrellDethSDMF said:
If they continue to tour with Joey through 06, I hope they'll play some songs from the Bush-era also. They did all those Joey songs with John, so what's the worst that can happen?

It's just that Joey can't sing them.

Let me tell you why Belladonna singing Bush songs is a stupid idea.

You could argue that Bush sang Belladonna era songs. So why couldn't it be the other way around?? It has nothing to do with Belladonna's capabilities. It would just be wierd. Singing the songs of the dude that replaced you after you were fired.

Also, when BushThrax started touring, do you think they would have played only songs from SOWN for their set and ignore everything they had done before.

I respect Joey's wish to not sing any Bush era songs. I doubt that the rest of Anthrax are trying to get him to learn any either.

could you imagine hearing joey sing inside out?? God I love that song, I pulled that gem of a album out today and just zoned out.

I think Joey would do just fine singing the newer songs. He has lower voice these days, and everything don't need to be sung with a falsetto. Not that there's anything wrong with it. If Joey and the band choose not to play the newer songs, that's fine by me. It's up to them. I'm just saying that there's no reason why Belladonna wouldn't be able to sing those songs.

Maybe But I would have to hear it first to make up my mind. I just don't think he could bring the same energy to What Doesn't Die. But then again I was not sure about the reuinion and was quite suprised at how well the show was.

You could argue that Bush sang Belladonna era songs. So why couldn't it be the other way around?? It has nothing to do with Belladonna's capabilities. It would just be wierd. Singing the songs of the dude that replaced you after you were fired.
Dickinson has sung Blaze era maiden (The Clansman, Sign of the Cross, Lord of the Flies, ect..)over the past few years. He said they were good songs so why wouldn't he sing them. I think Joey could do a few Bush tunes, don't know which ones and, I don't think he'd do a whole lot of them. As far as that reunion idea, I think there is no way in hell we'd see that.