"I Worship Chaos" Discussion Thread

That's faster,harder, scooter OK!?, I was the real Scooter fan, when I was ten and not youuuuuu! *starts cat fight*:D:fu::D

*puts Joonas hat on* I wonder if they'll do an experimental track like they did with Dead Man's Hand On You. I didn't really like the vocals cause it sounded Marilyn Manson kind of cringey but I liked that they tried something different.

Joonas hat :D

I like DMHoY. The "clean" vocals aren't that great, but the rest of the song is IMO very good. The pre-chorus gives me a Hatebreeder-ish feeling for some reason.

Joonas hat :D

I like DMHoY. The "clean" vocals aren't that great, but the rest of the song is IMO very good. The pre-chorus gives me a Hatebreeder-ish feeling for some reason.

DMHoY could have been a great song and I liked the clean vocals but holy shit that underwhelming chorus ruins the whole song.

I was ever so close to figuring that chord progression but then decided "fuck it" and just deleted the song from my playlist.

I like the chorus. Kinda gloomy atmosphere going on in it, although the melody could be mixed higher.

I agree, I really like the chorus of that song. It's catchy and the octave melody playing beneath is simple, yet effective. Also, the vocals seem emotional, to me at least.

The chorus is the weak point of that song, the vocals are fucking terrible, and it's a chorus that plays 3 times, while many great choruses only play 2 times (like SNBN, ETID, SKO). Kinda sad we still have to feast over a chord progression chorus from over two years ago.

I feel like it was a bit of a filler, do they play it live nowadays?

They'll never play it again when the new album comes out. When it's out, they have to make room for 2-3 new songs. I'd prefer them to sack some crappy "popular songs" and play actually good songs, and 4-5 songs from the new album. Everyone's been bored with their setlist the past 10 years because they only make one interesting song change per tour. Fans want radical changes to setlist, and 4-5 songs from new album. First of all, start the next fucking gigs with Knuckleduster, smoke and red lights, it would be a great intro. It's getting humiliating to see the same damn songs over and over. I liked when they actually listened to me and started that one tour last year with Warheart after that nice enigmatic intro.

Fans want radical changes to setlist, and 4-5 songs from new album.

Only dedicated fans. At this point their fanbase is so damn huge and they apparently try to please everyone by playing the same setlist over and over again. I gotta admit that most of those songs work live pretty well but they should still ditch fuckload of songs from it. I was mad as fuck when they didn't play SNBN and instead they play shitty songs like DMHoY. At least they played Mask of Sanity.

I hate when they announce they'll play Mask of Sanity, Children of Decadence, Towards Dead End, and only play up to the solos, it just reveals they're too lazy to practice, and man those solo sections are good.

Why they measure this based on the action in the front row? There's a lot of people on the back who are just curiously watching, estimating whether or not they want to become fans of this band, and I'm sure there are songs off the setlist that would make a better impression than say HCDR, Needled, Hate Me that sound like shit live. There's something so retarded about this I can't stand it.

It would be better if everyone was expecting "oohh yeahh and now they're probably going to play That boring song followed by That boring song..." but wait... atmosphere changes unexpectedly... then BOOM, out of nowhere the silent dark is broken by the menacing riffs and perilous hits of Hellhounds On My Trail, immediately making new electricity and blood running in the show.

I am too lazy to read the whole thread but I just wanted to say that I totally agree with Joonas on his last post. CoB became far too predictable regarding their setlist. A few change would be more than welcomed. Like for exemple:
Hellhounds on my trail (that part after the solo is the perfect headbanging riff)
Triple corpse hammerblow (I don't think I've ever seen this one live)
All twisted (no idea why this wasn't on the Halo of Blood tour setlist)
You're better off dead (sick riffs)
Children of decadence (the song that made me love Bodom ^^ so it's a bit of a personnal choice haha)
The nails (THE SONG I always wanted to see live. I am actually thinking about doing some "petition" to get it on the setlist haha)
Hatebreeder (not much too say except that it is a far better song for live than the unsurprising SNBN...)
And definitly Ugly (Just love the atmosphere on this one)

I tried to think about one song on each album which we don't hear often in live (or never) and I think most of you would agree about such but if not tell me why and which sngs you would like to hear instead

Oh and do you think it could actually work to make a setlist "by the fan" to give to the band ? Not to force them or anything but to remind them that fans like more than the usual 15 songs they play.

Oh and do you think it could actually work to make a setlist "by the fan" to give to the band ? Not to force them or anything but to remind them that fans like more than the usual 15 songs they play.

They do check out this forum time to time and some ideas can slip into their mind, but it depends if they're good or not. Most fan ideas are stupid or just bad idea. There's not a single Bodom song some fan hasn't suggested for them to play. When it comes to the songs, everyone has their ideas, but it takes understanding of them to realize which ones are genious ideas and which ones crazy - especially when it comes to arranging the order of the songs - and even when it comes to the exciting and good ideas the band is reluctant to change for some reason. I guess it just takes so much practice to nail these songs, and the band can't be bothered to work on many songs between tours. COB isn't one of those bands that can play any song without practice just like that, cos the songs are so technical and fast.

I can tell tho, their show would be spiced up by choosing an interesting opener and another interesting rarity. Such as my latest suggestions: Knuckleduster for opener and Taste of My Scythe for another surprise. Simply because that song would be a catchy and heavy opener, and it would make the crowd melt if Alexi asked 'do you wanna hear a song from Follow the Reaper that's never been played live?' Instead of playing some boring songs why not do this, is a complete mystery. The band can experience the crowd reaction and understand what ideas are weird or embarrassing (the order of songs played also matters energetically) while they can't understand from our "distance" which ideas would actually thrill the fans, maybe they're too scared the response would be quiet.