"I Worship Chaos" Discussion Thread

I liked 5 seconds of it, in total.
but srs, like i said before, I'm gonna buy it and crie if it sucks

Oh man I waited for it so much and it's so horrible. You don't make unforgettable instrumentals out of this material. Feel so empty! No price for long wait. FUUUUUCCCKKK.

Next song, Suicide Bomber, is going to sound like this:

Vocals: RAWR RAWR RAWR RAWR RAWR, RAWR RAWR RAWR RAWR RAWR
Guitars: taka taka taka taka dadada - taka taka taka taka da-dadada
Drums: tsk tsk tsk tsk tsk

Then boring chorus... and you get the picture. It's very very predictable now. This wasn't the case in the past. In the past the next song would have menacing riffs followed by chorus melody that steals your soul, violent drum patterns and mental vocals.

Horns sounds great compared to the rest of the album, including Morrigan, except that the first few seconds effectively repeat the Waste of Skin chorus.
Prayer is doomish which I like. The melody is something Paradise Lost would write nowadays.
Last one's kinda meh, sounds boring.

Out of these 3, Im really digging Prayer a lot. I immediately thought of Angels as I heard it. It has that same desolate sort of feel to it. The Heavier sound actually makes the slower tempo songs better. Could give Roundtrip a run for the best slow song since Angels.

Horns has a nice fast tempo. I like the Atmospheric Keys underneath the Riffs. Quick Guitar Solo fits well. Not much else to mention from the sample.

Hold Your Tongue def has that AYDY vibe to it. Heavy style Melodies.

I think they all sound different but they stick together so well on an album. For exemple, on RFF there was a lot of good song, but it was a bad album overall because they didn't have this common feel tying them together. While here with IWC it seems like this album does have its own personnality. I guess that kind of an improvment whether we like it or not ^^

I agree. Im hearing the same type of cohesive feel within all the songs so far. Gives the album a strong, distinguished sense to it. Whereas Halo and RRF kinda were more of a mixed bag. What I dont like however is that it seems like the focus of this album is more about unified Melodies with the Guitars and Keys. Rather than individual highlight Melodies, Arpegios and so on. The Keys are following the Guitars a TON in the same note. It makes for a more simplistic sound. This is the biggest factor towards whats pissing some people off (Jonas!) I dont blame everyone either.

Horns: meh, okay solo I guess..
Prayer: poor man's ADK, boring
IWC: you know my opinion
Hold Your Tongue: meh
Solo at the very end of the video: better

This is all just from the 5 second samples you hear loudly enough so again the rest of the songs could be better but so far my opinion on the album hasn't changed, unfortunately. Morrigan is the best song so far. Yeah..

But hey, maybe those weird final 2 tracks could be a fun surprise.

Okey I actually loved those tracks with exception of the title track!
It is heavy and riff oriented for sure, but insane melodies and solos and what seems to be a really dark and heavy slow song in prayer for the afflicted, if it got some melodies right it might be a classic, love those kind of tracks!

So another suprise, I'll buy the album, when released, what I've heard has convinced me that some of these songs are worth my money.

but look how they aren't that fond of these tracks as the others, their taste has gone sour....probably too much touring and bonding with other artists that has the same kind of vibe in their music as the title track..... I am for artist evolving, but im against evolvong into mainstream and simplifying the music for a broader audience.....

Well, that album grows on me. Those samples are better the best I've heard yet (except IWC). I think I have to cancel my holiday and listen to the album instead. And after listening to those samples, I guess it's going to be a HOB 2 album.

Thanks man!

----------

HORNS

Horns is sounding good and technical, the "visible" part reminds me of folk metal (older Ensiferum for example), this is definetly good though.

PRAYER FOR THE AFFLICTED

Prayer for the afflicted isnt meant for me. I listen many kinds of genres in music (including dnb, drumstep etc.), but it has to be moderate or with fast tempo. Im not somehow into slow music. But for who likes, this is sounding a lot heavier and darker than ADK, but still not as frustating slow as DMHOY. If this hasn't atmosphere then what has, Joonas?

HOLD YOUR TONGUE

Moderate tempo song that starts to sound really good after the talking starts, I like the melodiness of the song. This is maybe most awesome sounding from what we have heard from these samples.