"I Worship Chaos" Discussion Thread

This is shaping up to sound like a mix between RRF and AYDY but much more cohesive and focused. Love the type o vibes on prayer but their slow songs do tend to all sound pretty similar. The other 2 have very catchy riffing. Hold your tongue chorus sounds pretty similar to ugly but that solo that comes in sounds phenomenal

I like the previews. I have nothing to say other than I hear it and my ears are happy.

Didn't hear the silent parts but I found this melody at 1:20 and it's actually very much to my liking. So at least one gem idea. Is there still some hope? I lament it's not the casual style of this album. (Right after my head is raped by the IWC chorus coming in too loud.) The speaking is painfully loud when I try to listen, and I can't open the files you made. If the whole album was as good as the Morrigan riff and this melody, I would bathe in glowing coals to make it happen, do nothing else in my life than listen to one cult album that sends me to the moon. :( That piece is a whole different style of music... Can't tolerate the "teen angst thrash" that's plaguing this album. I would've died to get a full album in the atmospheric style.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhAec3_gRwo#t=85

So :worship: to this piece. 1:20 - 1:43. Didn't expect them to write another melody as epic as the Angels Don't Kill melody. Would've slain a gnome or two in the past to gain time hack to the moment they write another melody like that.

Holy fucking hell, the part starting 0:30 is 100% Lamb of God!! I can't find words... the dark and epic true Bodom music is 9 gazillion times greater. Why is the tiger of metal bands worshiping a fucking mouse? Lamb of God are NOTHING compared what Bodom was. If people are that stupid I really hope this planet goes up in smoke.

I think the cover art of this album is a hidden message to Bodom fans: we wanted to be Bodom with the lakes and trees but we're sorry we had to destroy it all cos this is what sells. I just don't want to believe that. It's easier to accept if they just don't have the creativity, than to think they might make the perfect album but that style won't sell. Or maybe I fantasize the dark and epic Bodom isn't dead, cos it's too hard to accept.

Maybe it's just me but the thrashy parts don't sound dark to me.

Not that sure I did that we have so many slow songs for this album, but still I like this samples quite a bit, above all Horns and Hold Your Tongue. I definitely see what they mean with "it's a fucking rock n roll song", but I like it. Getting excited for the album. Also, IWC has really grown into me tbh. Wasn't impressed at all at the beginning, I'm playing it way too often lately.

Lil' Bloodred Riding Hood verse I think.

Just one tiny problem: LBRH is on Hate Crew Death Roll, you know, the second red album. Hatebreeder is the green one :lol:

Not that sure I did that we have so many slow songs for this album, but still I like this samples quite a bit, above all Horns and Hold Your Tongue. I definitely see what they mean with "it's a fucking rock n roll song", but I like it. Getting excited for the album. Also, IWC has really grown into me tbh. Wasn't impressed at all at the beginning, I'm playing it way too often lately.

Just one tiny problem: LBRH is on Hate Crew Death Roll, you know, the second red album. Hatebreeder is the green one :lol:

I know. However they said it reminded them of some song which they guessed was on Hatebreeder. It reminds me of LBRH, so I just assumed their guess was wrong.

That solo on that riff in Horn reminds me Mask of Sanity but when that LAmb of god riff that goes after ruined that magic

I get a feeling someone indeed has a say on what direction Bodom's album have to go to. Now more than ever. That happens always when money gets involved. In everything. It's creepy and heart-darkening as fuck.

I am still hoping I'm gonna enjoy this album.
Though after listening to "track by track" i feel every song sounds the same. HoB had a lot of diversity (and not due to having "the slowest and the fastest song COB ever made" which was just a meanigless PR slogan). This one - not at all by the looks of things.

^Regardless of their quality and how much you like them, IWC, Morrigan and Hold Your Tongue (to say 3) sound the same to you? Leaving the enjoying them or not part aside, and the fact that being recorded for the same album with the same gear, tuning, instruments and musicians is going to give it a homogeneous sound no matter what, you really think they sound the same as far as the music is concerned?

Sounding the same in terms of songs is not a bad thing. It gave the album its own color and personality.
HOB for me is a mix of all previews one. We cant compare a new song to HOB. but IWC seems to have its unique sound because of its dark vibe and drop B thing.

^Regardless of their quality and how much you like them, IWC, Morrigan and Hold Your Tongue (to say 3) sound the same to you? Leaving the enjoying them or not part aside, and the fact that being recorded for the same album with the same gear, tuning, instruments and musicians is going to give it a homogeneous sound no matter what, you really think they sound the same as far as the music is concerned?

That was my impression after watching track by track once. We will see how it will be with the full album.