"I Worship Chaos" Discussion Thread

^Only vodka in hand ;)

Lets see how long these songs last Live. I bet by the time they get NA-side in 2016 its down to 2 songs from IWC

Nah, it will be at least 3. Also, according to all of your (and "you" here means not you particularly but all those clamoring for a "return to the roots" and "less chugging" and all that... stuff) conspiratory theories NA is the reason they started writing this "LOG style albums", so it's sure they'll play the whole album plus some of RRF and AYD :lol:

I live in the wonderful city of Tomsk in the middle of Siberia, a place even Finns would describe as cold :kickass::kickass:

Sounds like a grim and frozen town! Taking a trip to Moscow or St. Petersburg from there to see Bodom would be quite a costly trek so I dont blame you for that sentiment.

Nah, it will be at least 3. Also, according to all of your (and "you" here means not you particularly but all those clamoring for a "return to the roots" and "less chugging" and all that... stuff) conspiratory theories NA is the reason they started writing this "LOG style albums", so it's sure they'll play the whole album plus some of RRF and AYD :lol:

Its partly a good theory. That, plus the benefits of expanding their fanbase brings in more money. Which I believe is sadly whats fueling them nowadays. I don't completely buy in to the "Americanized" term or label though. Sure, for the most part the majority of American Metalheads prefer the Heavier sounds. But not all. To say Americanized is to suggest that all of us cant hear beyond the Chugs and "theres no hope for us". Its not true. I listen to the best Melodic Death and Power Metal bands I can find. And I hate all that sloppy Chugging crap. So I take offense to the term

About the sets. They know what people want to hear live. Its a more organic setting than listening to a studio album. And most of newer songs lack the passion to make up a powerful setlist. Some newer ones do however. But they've even removed some of those from the sets (Shovel Knockout) so we'll see what happens. I'll be pissed if they play IWC live instead of a classic

So tomorrow they will probably release the last track by track which will include the last 3 songs (Suicide Bomber, All for Nothing, Widdershins). I'm excited about Widdershins, I've heard it's a killer track.

Wtf is this with All for nothing?!? Another slow song? Suicide Bomber and Widdershins sound cool. But now that I've heard all songs I can tell that all sound really repetitive. That album lacks of variety

They all sound pretty good. Very different but that's the expectation now. There actually IS a dark vibe in Suicide Bomber unlike they say there is in IWC. The Piano Melodies in All for Nothing are awesome. And Jonas got his wish for some whisper type Vocals! Lol. Widdershins is really badass, has a little bit of everything going on. These samples have me a bit more excited now.

The first and the last tracks sound good except for the lame deathcore breakdown outro, slow one I didn't really like what I heard.

There actually IS a dark vibe in Suicide Bomber unlike they say there is in IWC.
exactly what I thought, nothing we've heard from the album so far I'd call dark, but that's obviously a conflict of definitions. Thankfully you can't go wrong with diminished scale, it's dark by itself.

I like the Suicide Bomber sample, the riff's got the correct vibe for the title... even the section before is like traveling towards your fate, before letting the grudges take over in that perilous riff. Can't say much about the other two. At least there is a memorable melody in Prayer. Maybe this album is more about technical blasting than melodies that stay humming in your mind.