"I Worship Chaos" Discussion Thread

Listened to Arcane's tab. That one whammy harmonic really does sound like the buildup to a fast shredding solo, and then, BOOM... nothing. :D Quite a boring song IMO. Don't find the power metal riff to be all that power metal-ish either.

Anyone else noticed that, since RRF, a lot of Bodom songs start with only one guitar and a few seconds later the right guitar comes in and that they often did a breakdown at the end of the song, where only the guitars alone, guitars + keys or guitars + drums play for a second or two and then the rest of the band pops in? Like in I Hurt, Transference, HOB, WOS,IWC, AT,... They never did that before I think.

Anyone else noticed that, since RRF, a lot of Bodom songs start with only one guitar and a few seconds later the right guitar comes in and that they often did a breakdown at the end of the song, where only the guitars alone, guitars + keys or guitars + drums play for a second or two and then the rest of the band pops in? Like in I Hurt, Transference, HOB, WOS,IWC, AT,... They never did that before I think.

Black Widow although that has drums. The song Children of Bodom is just guitar first though. Your right though- their song structure is really predictable now -_- The main thing I don't like is the pretty much exact same rhythm chugging when there's a keyboard solo- seems to happen way too much.

The one guitar intro is pretty standard I think? Like half the songs from HB and SW start off with one guitar, or maybe I didn't get your point
idontknow.gif

The Amorphis cover sounds better than the rest of the album, no fucking wonder it does :lol:

Hate alexis vocals on the covers.... And the guesr vocals as well... Absolutly crap!

The covers... What the fuck is this fucking vomit puke? Is this what COB has become? Pathetic, I'm sorry. These guys are paid to do music and this is how serious they take it these days. Right now I would be embarrassed if someone heard I'm fanatic about them.

Better have some amazing songs on the album.

I still haven't heard I Hurt.

I haven't heard it either. Would be awesome if someone could upload it. It has been out for hours now.

I guess we'll get it tomorrow! God,I hate these different zones for every media out there. That shit needs to be removed once and for all....vpn isn't worth it just for that song....

Can someone upload it on youtube? Just put the artwork as image in the background, then add the song from iTunes. Release me from this torturous wait.

Can someone upload it on youtube? Just put the artwork as image in the background, then add the song from iTunes. Release me from this torturous wait.

You could listen to Arcane's GP file. Gives you an idea what the song is like. One melody-ish chord thing, the "power metal" riff, chorus, and a fast verse riff, a riff perhaps slightly similar to the Transference interlude and a part that sounds like the beginning to a shredding solo (A solo that doesn't exist).

And the Amorphis cover may well be the best thing on the album. Prayer and All for Nothing and perhaps Widdershins might be decent, but the rest don't sound like much at the moment.