"I Worship Chaos" Discussion Thread

The intro managed to freak me out cos my subwoofer and volume was a tad too high, it simulated the atom bomb effect nicely. The melody is better in this context, it seems to to symbolize the fiery winds.

Other than that, well it's a pumping thrash song, but just as with IWC I thought it ended in midway, just suddenly cut. They're missing something, solo and some interesting section. It's better than the title track. Sure the Lamb of God fans will love it. Musically it's just very different. Feels like it flies by in 2 minutes just like IWC.

No guitar solo, no keyboard solo. Can't believe it. They're going to this heavy direction where a solo just doesn't fit in.

I like the beats just before vocals start. My favourite part because it has this horror thing.

Anyone else think its poetic when Alexi grabs the wammy bar to make you think there's a solo and then screams "Let me go" and starts chugging :p

Wow. Just wow. I have always praised this band since I got into them around 2008. I thought Halo of Blood was their best album and even really enjoyed AYDY, BD, AND RRF. But this? I don't know anymore. This is like the first time I've been disappointed and even upset that my favorite band is now releasing garbage like this.

I did like Morrigan, I thought it at least SOUNDED like Bodom.

The title track.......definitely uninspired, although I did like the chorus I felt that it was maybe just a one-off kind of song and that the rest of the album would be much different.

But now I Hurt. Only good parts are the Intro riff and the part around 3:00. Every thing else is very generic and that chorus! Jesus that chorus sucks.

Anyways, sorry for my rant, I don't post here much but I felt like releasing some of my frustration. I know a lot of you guys aren't liking this stuff so I'm not the only one. I'm hoping the last three songs sound decent at least (they sounded ok from the samples).

Somehow,.... it doesn't suprise me that there aren't melodies and solos anymore. At the beginning of the year Randy Blythe stated that he hates those melodic stuff and especially soloing is what he hates the most.
And tadaaaaa no, or less solos. And another suprise, guess what Alexi stated yesterday to be his favourite record? Yeah, the new Lamb Of Shit record.

Yep. Lamb of God are supposed to be Bodom's bitches, but it turned the other way. All because Bodom don't realize they had a great thing going on before HCDR, and they don't respect their own diamonds like they should. Everybody knows COB is better than some shit like Megadeth, but the other is more famous and that's where the money's at. Same goes for Lamb of God. They decided to do that kinda stuff instead of atmospheric metal with romantic melodies etc. To mimic Lamb of God means Bodom need to downgrade their music, and that's sad. The part in Horns confirms without shadow of doubt this album is INTENDED to sound like Lamb of God, that is the sole, crystal clear planned purpose. It's a very distinct Lamb of God thing and Bodom copied it 100%, that one silent part. One would be an idiot not to realize it.

How does Randy Blythe not liking solos suddenly make Alexi do songs for Bodom that include neither guitar nor keyboard solo?

I'm FUCKING DISGUSTED by that fact.

I listened to the song a number of times on my commute to work this morning and it really isn't terrible. I actually think it will grow on me in time but fuck is it the opposite of a Children of Bodom song.

I tend to agree here, I woke up this morning and saw the notification on my phone that I could download it and fell back asleep with it blasting in my ears. I wasn't expecting no solo, it actually kinda pissed me off at first, but it made me have to appreciate the song for what it is. Its still Lamb of Bodom just like IWC is. I've listened to it probably 35 times today and it has defiantly grown on me, the vocals are pretty hard to understand (like always) but the "clarity" of IWC's screaming was a nice touch. But the dynamic of the lead riff being played by Alexi and Janne was something I thought was pretty cool, and the drums getting faster and faster at the end was pretty dope too.

It's not that great. I mean it does got this amazing fills in the background and the opening main riff is ok, but the chugga chugga stuff and the chorus is beyond crap. He's out of good ideas! If the next album is as bad as this lays out to be, Im done being a fan of this band. Sure I'll enjoy the early work, but time to go band searching again. If anything this inspires me to make better music than Alexi on my own. Shouldn't even be that hard, most guys with guitars on this forum could make a better chorus than in this song. It doesn't fit what so ever.....
3 poor songs 6 to go, still hope for at least 1 good song. Can't believe they actually think those 3 are better than the others.... it's objectionably bad. You can't say that these 3 songs are awesome, and if you do you're not really a fan of melodic metal.

Well, I said I'd do it so I did XD But it was kind of useless I guess ^^ Still I really love this song and this album seems to be absolutly awesome so far.

I really think it's a killer opening track ! And My Bodom seems to be perfect as well so I can't wait to hear it !

If they want to be classified thrash metal, it's good, yeah. Still wishing for some moments of "wow, what an epic song progression", this song had a few actually, but Bodom used to transform from one great part to the next in creative but fluent ways, and that's what's been missing since RRF. Depends how good the other songs are, so I'll shut up till then. This album is for different "purpose" than say FTR, different vibes, but it can still be good at what it is, let's find out...

Ps: @Rune: Say whatever you want but I don't think you hold the definition of what is/isn't a true melodic death metal fan ^^ I totally love melodic death metal and it doesn't make those songs less attractive (they are still MDM for imo). And I truly think that HoB and those 3 songs are the proof Alexi understood he had to do something. You might be disappointed when comparing to the early work, but this is such an improvement since Blooddrunk and RRF (which I love too but much less). I honestly think IWC will be the kind of album I'll play until my last day along with SW and HCDR.

it is not really copying Lamb of God either, yes a riff or two could be more like thrash style metalcore like Lamb of God does nowadays, but it really falls short and in between, Lamb of God fans would find this too simple and melodic while they enjoy a few riffs and vocal parts, while bodom fans will think this is really different and weird and not really a Bodom album at all. lack of solos are very very dissapointing, yes I know Alexi is out of ideas when it comes to writing a really kick ass solo, he hasn't written a really good one in ages in my opinion. You have to go back to 2004 to find an inspiring and original solo, there has been some good ones in a couple of tracks, but nothing really mind blowing, and heck the solos for Finnish Guitar Heros and Hypocrisy are far better than most of his modern Bodom solos.... Guitar Hero status fading! I've seen it in the past too with other artists, I mean a good example is Dimebag. Reinventing the steel was very lacking amazing solos and damageplan too. Riffs was still cool, but originality and ideas where gone. Same for Kirk Hammet which used to be a good soloist...

Hmm. About the solo I ought to agree. I haven't heard anything interesting for a while and this has been really disappointed to me because it's solos like in ETID or LBRH which god me to love Bodom. But I guess it's normal as he grows older to start losing some inspiration. Let's hope the solos on this album are worth their "absence" on some song.