"I Worship Chaos" Discussion Thread

...and see them play the song as an outro of the set list.

No, it will be downfall untill the last show I'm afraid.
I hoped One bottle... from HoB would replace it, but I guess there was no chance for that;) And that would be such a perfect finisher for the show.

Listening to it midnight outside today I'm even more convinced how fucking epic and badass this song is. Takes you to a whole other, dark place, under the colossal black shroud of this perilous goddess. It's so dominantly great it's hard to imagine the album having many songs this fantastic.

I think the Hypocrisy relation comes from the chorus(?) melody, and how Hypocrisy have 3 parts to their songs that kinda repeat.

I suggested it long ago that Bodom should have one great melody and one great riff as the basis of each individual song.

There are a lot of great songs that they never played off HoB

I would like to hear them play:
Damaged Beyond Repair (which is really cool on the album because of the pummeling intro after the calm ending to DMHoY)
All Twisted
Your Days Are Numbered
One Bottle and a Knee Deep

edit: and after a bunch of listens I think Morrigan is still okay, not blown away, not disappointed.

Decided I'm gonna be sick of the song (regardless of its quality) by Oct 2 and deleted it :kickass: I'm a trve viking
king8

Have to put my 2 cents in too. first 2-3 times i heard it i was completely unimpressed. just couldnt wrap my head around it. but for me that is typical with most of cob's stuff where i have to listen to songs at least 5-10 times before everything just clicks and those are usually the songs that end being my favorite in the long term.
after 20 listens or so im loving this tune, very solid track.

Have to put my 2 cents in too. first 2-3 times i heard it i was completely unimpressed. just couldnt wrap my head around it. but for me that is typical with most of cob's stuff where i have to listen to songs at least 5-10 times before everything just clicks and those are usually the songs that end being my favorite in the long term.
after 20 listens or so im loving this tune, very solid track.

Agree, first few listens I wasn't sold but I'm really liking it now, if the album follows this (sure it will) then it will be pretty solid.

if the album follows this (sure it will) then it will be pretty solid

I always had a feeling from the title this is among the few darkest tracks, but I hope to be wrong. The second track you hear in the original video is not dark at all, it sounds like Nightwish or another Bodom Blue Moon intro. In fact I'll be very surprised if there's one song on the album I like more than this one. This is single after all. I would be damn lucky if this time they found the formula to my eargasms. Now can't wait to hear samples of the other songs to see if the rest is dark and atmospheric or not.

What they did with HoB was really clever (when they released a video with a few seconds of each song) because it really gave us a great insight of what the album would be and it personnally made me pre-order it immediatly. Hope they'd do the same here. I know some people would prefer a complete surprise but I'm not one of them; the sooner the better !

And about Morrigan growing on you:
I was personnally scared that I'd get a bit bored of it because I loved it from the first listening and then started to tab the song and had therefore to listen to it a thousand time already; but damn; I still love it so very much. I think Laiho's vocals greatly improved since he got "coached" by Tägtgren.

And to Joonas:
I actually think the song starting at the end is pretty dark. Nothing like nightwish (or maybe the Imaginaerium era but I'm not even sure). For me it kind of has, this feeling of Needled 24/7. Not that it sounds the same at all; but this has this "dark circus" thing going on and I can't help having the music video of Needled 24/7 in my mind when hearing it ^^

Speaking of Nightwish and Hypocrisy, both artists Holopainen and Tägtgren try to look like Johnny Depp, as does Ville Valo of HIM since the last ten years or so, but two of the three look like absolute god damn faggots, guess who. Actually Tägtgren doesn't even try, he just is that way (not fag but deppish).

johnny-depp-hat.jpg

2.jpg

1288332363074.jpg

a7aeb20f00d21efca76fe1c599574187.jpg

Just out there in the street I see so many faggots trying to get laid by imitating the Jack Sparrow look, in their mind they believe they're as cool and wild and creatively sexy, thinking they'll lure all the chicks in their bedroom now for sure... I wanna tell all the random Depp wannabes it's just NOT THE FUCKING SAME THING if they imitate their facial hair and shit, it doesn't make them funny or talented or charismatic or any of that bullshit they dream of.

Holopainen became so gay and his music started sucking midget donkey testicles over ten years ago. Find your own style and up your artistic game. I hope the new album isn't as embarrassing as the last ones.

Ville Valo became this fake booze-drinking shitface who thinks it's okay to be weirdo because he's famous. He always was weird but someone styled him up in the best years to bring out his best. I don't know if HIM's music started to fucking suck because of him or the songwriter. The romantic agony magic is long gone and they started sounding like a stoner band.

It just disappoints me when artists lose their creativity.

Seems like people dislike the song for the reasons I like it. Chorus is breathtaking, really moody. I really dig the keyboards in the song. Some may be bored through 5 minutes through the song, but I'm just waiting for the chorus to hit me. This song doesn't have flashy pentatonic wankery which is awesome. I really like the fact that solo blends in nicely and doesn't scream "SOLO TIME!!!11!!1!" right in your face. Also, Alexi finally tuned his guitar down, that just puts a smile on my face. And the main point - seems like there won't be super dumb lyrics, which is a huge +++, we'll see. Looks like this is going to be CoB album I'm gonna enjoy.

What's the point of donwntuning? It's about the riffs, not the tuning, you can play stuff heavy as shit on D tuned guitar.

What's the point of donwntuning? It's about the riffs, not the tuning, you can play stuff heavy as shit on D tuned guitar.

Opens more keys to write music in. In my opinion different notes just give different feel. When I write music, the tuning I'm in largely dictates what I'm going to write.