"I Worship Chaos" Discussion Thread

I am as calm as I can be in this situation...

Yeah dude I'm really into health nutrition and sports. This summer I've been doing intermittent fasting 8/16 on my vegan diet and a workout routine I designed to suit my needs and ideals. It's pretty much day 1: extending upper body movements, day 2: core & maybe some swimming, day 3: contracting upper body movements, and day 4: leg workouts and the ninja stuff. I also do a nightly 1 hour walk outside with weight vest on and listening to interesting stuff on headphones. I practice the bo staff too cos it's fun. This is the system I've come up with to burn fat and build muscle simultaneously.

Interesting. Sounds really well rounded. I started weightlifting a month ago basically just to get stronger and to have flawless mobility for basic movements.
Right now I'm training daily, it makes a huge difference. It really boosts your mind, like, your ability to think is enhanced and it's more easy to focus.
When I get stronger I'll start to practice some tricking and bodyweight stuff more, but if I were to add that in right now I'd do my knees in.

^Sorry, post jump for editing...

don't think too much into it, your brains are gonna build up lactic acid if you keep this pace up. Just chill and embrace the wait with a calm mind. You go to the gym right? Spend the 8 weeks learning olympic weightlifting, does wonders for the mind and body.

I am as calm as I can be in this situation...

Yeah dude I'm really into health nutrition and sports. This summer I've been doing intermittent fasting 8/16 on my vegan diet and a workout routine I designed to suit my ideals. It's pretty much day 1: extending upper body movements, day 2: core (and some swimming when I feel like it), day 3: contracting upper body movements, and day 4: leg workouts and the martial art stuff. I also do a nightly 1 hour walk outside with weight vest on listening to interesting stuff from youtube. I practice bo staff occasionally. I burn fat and build muscle simultaneously on this system, it's the result of my investigations and experiences.

Drinking tons of cool water is important also to boost metabolism. The intermittent fasting effect is glycogen goes down at night and once insulin is low fat burning is allowed to start, this also triggers testosterone levels to rise.

Drinking tons of cool water is important also to boost metabolism. The intermittent fasting effect is glycogen goes down at night and once insulin is low fat burning is allowed to start, this also triggers testosterone levels to rise.

I "fast" till noon as well, doing my workout with an empty stomach in the morning. It has really given me a lot more energy to. Right now I don't need eat a lot to steadily get more leaner and it doesn't affect my workouts in anyway. What I'm most thankful for, and I account this to the fasting, is that I no longer get these crazy hunger cravings, like I do when I eat more often.

Interesting. Sounds really well rounded. I started weightlifting a month ago basically just to get stronger and to have flawless mobility for basic movements.
Right now I'm training daily, it makes a huge difference. It really boosts your mind, like, your ability to think is enhanced and it's more easy to focus.
When I get stronger I'll start to practice some tricking and bodyweight stuff more, but if I were to add that in right now I'd do my knees in.

Yeah honestly it's good to start with big movements, like the 'golden six' by Arnold, ultimately everyone should find what's good for them and what they enjoy, same goes for diet, and trust me, don't listen to the bodybuilders on nutrition, they only know how to get big and swole eating tons of crap and dead animals and they tell you to avoid sugar / fruit / go low carb, which will make your energy drop. Everybody wants different things, sure. I would recommend some form of martial art while you're at it, cos that teaches so much on your body and creates nerve pathways, proper forms and breathing etc. I hold blue belt on goju-style karate and I can tell it's been so beneficial in many ways, especially core health - I just did hoover/plank for 4:00 yesterday on clean form. All kinds of stuff I could go on and on.

Yeah honestly it's good to start with big movements, like the 'golden six' by Arnold, ultimately everyone should find what's good for them and what they enjoy, same goes for diet, and trust me, don't listen to the bodybuilders on nutrition, they only know how to get big and swole eating tons of crap and dead animals and they tell you to avoid sugar / fruit / go low carb, which will make your energy drop. Everybody wants different things, sure. I would recommend some form of martial art while you're at it, cos that teaches so much on your body and creates nerve pathways, proper forms and breathing etc. I hold blue belt on goju-style karate and I can tell it's been so beneficial in many ways, especially core health - I just did hoover/plank for 4:00 yesterday on clean form. All kinds of stuff I could go on and on.

No doubt martial arts are beneficial, I'll consider it when I become more versed in olympic weightlifting ( I should've specified it earlier). I'm not interested in the bodybuilding look, I just want to have a body that can move good and is strong with proper posture.

No doubt martial arts are beneficial, I'll consider it when I become more versed in olympic weightlifting ( I should've specified it earlier). I'm not interested in the bodybuilding look, I just want to have a body that can move good and is strong with proper posture.

It's surprising and positive you haven't fallen for the "eat animal protein 6 times a day, especially in the morning" crap, everybody seems to fall for it, it's really not healthy - some guys just wanna get big and that's it, but problem is it's been misassociated with healthy eating for some god-forsaken reason (economic marketing, and the medical industry wanting people sick).

You should check Elliott Hulse on youtube if you're into Olympic style strength training... he has a very interesting balance of yin & yang.

It's surprising and positive you haven't fallen for the "eat animal protein 6 times a day, especially in the morning" crap, everybody seems to fall for it, it's really not healthy - some guys just wanna get big and that's it, but problem is it's been misassociated with healthy eating for some god-forsaken reason (economic marketing, and the medical industry wanting people sick).

You should check Elliott Hulse on youtube if you're into Olympic style strength training, he's a bright and spiritual guy.

It really is baffling how it has had such a break-through, this bodybuilding diet. I don't think it makes any one feel good, I certainly don't if I cram a verbal shit-ton of red meat/chicken down my throat even once a day. Plant based diet is much more suitable for me, a well made fresh salad with beans and vegetables - a piece of greasy pork doesn't even compare.

I'm familiar with Mr. Hulse's videos, really eye-opening material and really great advice on posture for example. Great exercises for the mind, too.

It really is baffling how it has had such a break-through, this bodybuilding diet. I don't think it makes any one feel good, I certainly don't if I cram a verbal shit-ton of red meat/chicken down my throat even once a day. Plant based diet is much more suitable for me, a well made fresh salad with beans and vegetables - a piece of greasy pork doesn't even compare.

I'm familiar with Mr. Hulse's videos, really eye-opening material and really great advice on posture for example. Great exercises for the mind, too.

Yup, people just don't realize they're eating crap until they get excited about living plant food, which transforms your consciousness. I don't need to have animals killed so I can eat their rotting corpses, nor do I need to drink the baby milk of another species, I'm feeling great and my food tastes great.

Yup, people just don't realize they're eating crap until they get excited about living plant food, which transforms your consciousness. I don't need to have animals killed so I can eat their rotting corpses, nor do I need to drink the baby milk of another species, I'm feeling great and my food tastes great.

I must admit that my two guilty "pleasures" that I still eat are eggs and milk. Both of those are for joint health as knee problems run in my family :D

I must admit that my two guilty "pleasures" that I still eat are eggs and milk. Both of those are for joint health as knee problems run in my family :D

Dairy is +-1 when it comes to bones. Osteoporosis and milk consumption go hand-in-hand in different countries. It contains calcium, but the pastorization process acidifies it, making your body give up alkaline calcium and phosphor from your bones to balance Ph. Go with unpeeled, soaked sesame seeds, best source of calcium, you can make tahini dip in five minutes. Then just use sunlight or D-vitamin pills to absorb it. Leafy greens and almonds are good source of calcium, too.

Dairy is +-1 when it comes to bones. Osteoporosis and milk consumption go hand-in-hand in different countries. It contains calcium, but the pastorization process acidifies it, making your body give up alkaline calcium and phosphor from your bones to balance Ph. Go with unpeeled, soaked sesame seeds, best source of calcium, you can make tahini dip in five minutes. Then just use sunlight or D-vitamin pills to absorb it. Leafy greens and almonds are good source of calcium, too.

Thanks, I wasn't aware. I'll definitely do more research so I'll avoid making further blunders. Could you recommend any sources upon which to check for plant diet advice?

Thanks, I wasn't aware. I'll definitely do more research so I'll avoid making further blunders. Could recommend any sources upon which to check for plant diet advice?

Liferegenerator on living plant food.
Kino Body on intermittent fasting.
Durianrider on vegan sports, but he's about cycling and not powerlifting, also he's radical about high-carb, which isn't optimal for bodybuilding.
Athlean-X on gym workouts from physician's perspective, very insightful do's and don'ts.

Liferegenerator on living plant food.
Kino Body on intermittent fasting.
Durianrider on vegan sports, but he's about cycling and not powerlifting, also he's radical about high-carb, which isn't optimal for bodybuilding.
Athlean-X on gym workouts from physician's perspective, very insightful do's and don't's.

Thank you!

The past 8 months I went from about 160 -> 180 (I'm 6'4) eating mostly milk, peanut butter, oats, greek yogurt, rice, beans, tortillas, whey and chicken. It's mostly about hitting your macros (carbs, fats, and protein) IMO

I did push / pull / legs splits at the gym

The past 8 months I went from about 160 -> 180 (I'm 6'4) eating mostly milk, peanut butter, oats, greek yogurt, rice, beans, tortillas, whey and chicken. It's mostly about hitting your macros (carbs, fats, and protein) IMO

It's a sufficient time for that weight increase. But if you also wanna stay healthy you have to eat living plant food, it's the only real food, as health is more about micros (enzymes, minerals, vitamins, amino acids, and ultimately alkalinity). Adding a green salad every day wouldn't hurt, and it would give more oxygen to your muscles and support the weight gain being muscle instead of fat.

I did push / pull / legs splits at the gym

Sounds erotic.

I forgot this was a thing, even though I heard that one song...Morrigan, I think it's called? Is it about Morrigan Aensland? Because that would be cool