"I Worship Chaos" Discussion Thread

I like it more n' more, It feels weird
but I do not miss a guitar solo. I'd be
cool to have one but I think the keyboard solo
is awesome enough for me. Maybe it's just the counterpart
of "Morrigan" which only contains a guitar solo and this one only contains a keyboard solo.

Dude what's there to apologize for, you were being reasonable.
The only good the quality brought is that the ridiculous verse keys are now in the background beneath the voice and it blends better overall. Which doesn't really help :(

Pretty much. Starting with RRF each album has at least one song I don't get at all - and I'm doing my best trying to love it, it never clicks.

I know I did. When I listen to the verse of Every Time I Die and the verse of I Worship Chaos the guitars are "chugging" and the keyboards hold the melody. At the end of the chugging riff of IWC there is some guitar noodling. This is the same as 0:24 of Bodom After Midnight, 1:04 of Every Time I die, 0:29 of Sixpounder, 0:30 of Kissing the Shadows (I am really stretching here to egg some of you on :D), 0:38 of TL&SO, Second verse of Waste of Skin at 0:51, 0:44 of Transference (which could also arguably be their most "boring" riff).

Chugging rhythm on verses with some noodling is what CoB has always done and Peter Tagtgren has always brought that out of Alexi. Like I said, listen to the song Scrutinized by Hypocrisy and listen to the intro of I Worship Chaos with headphones. It'll make more sense with a proper high quality version of the song.

Now if you are talking about HB, FTR, and HCDR all being full of guitar melodies and have less chugging I TOTALLY AGREE WITH THIS. Those albums do. The song structures are complicated and the songs are stocked full of things that made CoB amazing in the 90's and early 00's. They started taking on a thrash influence on AYDY and that's always carried along with them even if they were kind leaning back to their older style on HoB.

Ok maybe I should start with this: please define "chugging" and "noodling", what do you mean? You can explain it either as a guitar player or just in terms of the music.

And just for Joonas, I don't understand what's so great about Silent Night Bodom Night. I actually think it's the one song of CoB which I dislike.. Maybe you should try to move on. If CoB kept repeating this early style maybe other fans might have been disappointed as well for their lack of change. So why not enjoy what they have to offer for it's still above the other band imo.

You've been longer enough around here to see that agreeing with Joonas isn't something that tends to happen too often around here, but SNBN... I won't go as far as calling it THE COB song, but it is one of their best songs and exemplifies what they are/were: great guitar and keys work, thrilling solos (at their best dual) and a good mix of death/black/call it whatever you want metal and 80's shredding.

Nope some sleep didn't help, still the worst Bodom song.....

I still see WIWI and Lobodomy as worse, but yep, the better quality didn't make it much better. Some parts are ok though, the "verse/chorus/whatever" is kinda epic.

IWC is only sixth, could only be a filler? Why title track and a single then?:err:

Even if the quality is amped up it still sucks balls. Not guitar hero worthy material, too simple, too strange, too americanized, too it-fucking-sucks! Well at least now they could suprise me with the rest of the album being good....yeah and morrigan is a lot better!

this album is gonna be the weirdest one to date, hopefully it has 2 good songs. I can live with that.

The point of this song is just to shock us old fans and attract some core-ish thrasher American kids to start loving the band...

Roope got out in time that lucky bastard!

Ain't that the truth. Someone said a few pages back that roope probably was like "wtf is this shit, I want none of this" after hearing IWC for the first time lmao

I guess Alexi should look up to younger Finnish bands, who nowadays create music that is true nordic death metal, unlike this American shit:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SIo0VA2lFQ&[/ame]

Just watch the video with those pits. Totally americanized CoB.

Just yesterday I wrote the song's purpose is to attract Lamb of God fans who like moshpits, and now it's on video. :yell:

Unfortunately I'm also starting to think Roope didn't want to be a part of this.

Noise in my head.

This is the direction metal should dive into. Add limitless horror vibes, orchestral hits, fast guitar leads...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ja_hDxivKrI

I want an album about the Reaper's children running in the mists of a moonlit sky, spilling blood with knives and luring wanderers into a night where there's no coming back. Why can't I find any interesting music lately... last exciting band I discovered was last Fall.

You should check out the new Cradle of Filth album. Loose concept album based on the persecution of witches and witchcraft. Cool atmosphere too

I love how you all keep saying Americanized......that's bullshit....I'm from America and do not approve of these songs at all. They just aren't CoB. Real CoB is better than that.

Personally, I don't think Alexi can write stuff like he used to, the newer stuff is just easier for him to write and to play live. Hard to fuck up a solo every show if you write an easy one to start with.

Very curious to hear the rest of the album since he is the sole guitar writer for this album. I often times wonder how much influence Roope & Alexander actually had on the guitar writing duties. I don't care what Alexi & company says in interviews about it. I'm willing to bet Roope & Alexander had a bigger role than they were given credit for.