"I Worship Chaos" Discussion Thread

in iHurt snippet that part (which starts at :19) sounds hell creepy, something like took from creepypasta video :D

EDIT: the both snippets sounds promising for me, I don't think this is going to be their worst album

I just don't care about the shouting verses, I want the beats and melodies and feelings to tell the story, then add a few girly screams and that's it.

i know most people seem to be dehyped on this one so far but i'm rather diggin it, Ihurt snippet sounded pretty rad too me!

I played Metal Gear Online with the nickname Sixpounder666 when I was 15 and were a huge fan of the DMC anime. Have I been sent into the past?

Someone wanna buy my Pod 2, hit PM, inside Finland.
Thinking of selling also my Ibanez, amp, RR24m, maybe even the Juno-D keyboard... I stopped because the last 2 (likely 3) Bodom albums didn't excite me playing-wise.

Is the RR24M black or white?

Btw, don't be soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Bodom related, or don't depend your guitar playing on Bodom. I and I think most of us here started play the guitar because of COB, but playing an instrument is not all about playing only one band's songs.

For example, nowadays I try to record Merciless's Unbound intro without those damn pick noises, and I haven't played any Bodom songs for weeks.

Btw, how much is that Pod 2?

Btw, don't be soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Bodom related, or don't depend your guitar playing on Bodom. I and I think most of us here started play the guitar because of COB, but playing an instrument is not all about playing only one band's songs.

For example, nowadays I try to record Merciless's Unbound intro without those damn pick noises, and I haven't played any Bodom songs for weeks.

I began playing guitar due to Guitar Hero, I guess :D I'd been playing it for around 3 years and was pretty good (Got through all songs in the series on expert without problems), so I decided to try real guitar. A friend of mine encouraged me to start it as he'd been playing for a year or two already back then, so he too might have had some influence on my decision to start. Began listening to COB around a year after starting to play guitar (Guitar fall 2009, COB summer 2010). Early enough that most of my musical influences are from COB and other melodic death /power / folk metal bands. Not much of Metallica in my playing I think.

Pick noises might be lessened with a different pick. Jazz 3's give a very quiet pick noise compared to many others I think. Also, it might depend on the sound card. My MBox seems to leave out some of the scraping which is nice.

White.

don't be soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Bodom related, or don't depend your guitar playing on Bodom.

I wanted to be excited by the pieces I was playing. It had to sound epic and it had to be moderately challenging. Many bands are boring to play. Bodom went to a direction when they weren't fun to play for me anymore and got too technical.

I bought it for 200 euros in 2009 I think, used it only a couple times, it's fresh and new, so... maybe 100 euros.

The keyboard is much like the one Janne uses, very good keyboard, nice resistance in keys and a good dig-ful of cool sounds, easy transpose and quick effects on twitches. Also got the stand with the additional part so you can play it tilted like Janne.

Amp is 100 euro small one, very loud, great to play when plugged on koss porta pro headphones and attached to the laptop so you hear the song and your playing from the headphones great. Not so great for playing unplugged, gonna piss off neighbours cos it's hard to get good sound or bass in low volume.

Ibanez is 300 euro great beginner guitar, said to be above its price in quality.

I pretty much had a "Bodom home studio" and enjoyed playing their songs on Friday noons while drinking the first beers, but then came RRF, I got sober 4 years ago, and soon after I stopped playing and started focusing on other art.

Yeah variety is good. I try to learn some classical stuff like bach, vivaldi, mozart, beethoven etc. and just simple music like Ghost and classics from different eras. I really like playing simple stuff, because I suck. I have to try too hard to play bodom/sinergy with solos or sylosis flawlessly, so I do that much less nowadays. If I really want to punish myself I try to play Becker.
I like songs that I can pickup just by ear and can play good right away :D
Casual is the way to go for me :D