"I Worship Chaos" Discussion Thread

Hey guys, long time no see.

Just wanted to distract you with some new albums which i've been listening to while waiting.

The Black Dahlia Murder - Abysmal
Deafheaven - New Bermuda
Battlecross - Rise to Power

I hope this helps quench your thirst until the the album drops/leaks.

Стас Проклятый;11061442 said:
Damn, I want to listen to new CoB.

I'm spending my time listening to All for Nothing's preview :D Feels pretty damn retarded when you think about it :lol:

How can I listen to All For Nothing and the other samples?

Download iTunes > Install > Open it > Search Children of Bodom in the top right corner > Click "I Worship Chaos" > scroll all the way down to the little text stuff at the very bottom of the page. On the right there is one that reads either country or language (Mine is in Japan atm so I don't know) > Switch country to Japan > listen to samples.

Download iTunes > Install > Open it > Search Children of Bodom in the top right corner > Click "I Worship Chaos" > scroll all the way down to the little text stuff at the very bottom of the page. On the right there is one that reads either country or language (Mine is in Japan atm so I don't know) > Switch country to Japan > listen to samples.

Ah cool, thx!

Tried doing it on my phone in class didn't work. But it does on my computer :p. My Bodom honestly sounded dank as fuck. But I only heard like 8 seconds of keyboard, so I'll need to hear the entire song. Horns was alright. Prayer sounds like Angels Don't Kill Part 2. And just like Red Light In My Eyes pt 2 it isn't as good as part 1. Hold Your Tongue has a pretty catchy beat and angry like I Hurt, am I the only one who likes where his vocals are going? Suicide Bomber sounds pretty dank too. All for Nothing is really good. And Widdershins, damn, just like I was hoping, it sounds like Bodom devoured some old school Ensiferium. I stopped at the keyboard solo just because I'm gonna save that for this Friday :kickass::kickass::kickass::kickass::kickass:

widdershins sounds like pure classic bodom. Pure classic bodom. It's going to be the best song on the album, you finally get to see laiho go nuts on the guitar and janne on the keyboards.

prayer for the afflicted sounds amazing too <3. really solid album.

After listening to all those samples, I have to say that Widdershins is the best from what I've heard yet but the album itself is too repetitive imo. Everything sound in most parts the same. And the title track and iHurt are definitely the worst songs. Good album but HOB and RRF were better.

Rahhhh, I feel I won't hold it... I have to listen to it XD

If you really can't wait, there are ways to buy it from the Japanese itunes store. No idea if that (still) works because itunes is (or was?) a piece of shit I wouldn't want near my pc ever.

Or you could wait just a little bit longer, save you from all the trouble and enjoy the album when it's leaked. Worst case scenario, when it drops on your doormat in a few days (or when you can buy it on amazon or whatever).

After listening to all those samples, I have to say that Widdershins is the best from what I've heard yet but the album itself is too repetitive imo. Everything sound in most parts the same. And the title track and iHurt are definitely the worst songs. Good album but HOB and RRF were better.

prayer for the afflicted

widdershins

all for nothing

are all better than any song on RRF...this album is better than RRF

FUCK ITUNES! It keeps hanging while I try to play Widdershins!

From the rest, I still think Horns and Hold Your Tongue should be pretty sweet, but I'm starting to get the "monotonous" feeling too tbh, like if Alexi just decided to crank the technicality of the riffs but purposefully cut on the melodies and so on. Probably just how it came out, but that's the feeling it gives.

FUCK ITUNES! It keeps hanging while I try to play Widdershins!

From the rest, I still think Horns and Hold Your Tongue should be pretty sweet, but I'm starting to get the "monotonous" feeling too tbh, like if Alexi just decided to crank the technicality of the riffs but purposefully cut on the melodies and so on. Probably just how it came out, but that's the feeling it gives.

I had to restart iTunes after every sample as it refused to play more than one on each opening :D

I love the soundworld of this album and the rhythm is really cool. But it's missing memorable lead sections. Sadly I get the feeling that these songs won't be interesting enough to listen to in a few weeks.

It's their longest album, but the songs feel shorter than ever, because they have less musical material. Some sections feel so repetitive I almost fall asleep, but that also makes them fly by fast. I already lost any and all interest to I Hurt and IWC. Even Morrigan has only a couple sections I still like, and Suicide Bomber the same. They said it's gonna be dark and atmospheric, but only songs 3, 5, 8 are somewhat so. Well, it's not gonna be an album to worship, but we may still like it and get some kicks off it, maybe there's a good song or two still unheard. But it gets boring pretty quick when the songs are more about hammering noise than emotional leads and creative formulas. I come from a place where I have more interesting things to do than listen to barking vocals over average thrash. Just my personal taste maybe, but I said it a million times, they need more memorable leads, more darkness and more atmosphere, but they went the wrong way taking influences from Lamb of God or whatever. I've been trying to explain this a million times, but it seems Alexi is made of two completely different composers, and I just happen to like the other. It's like old Wild Child came as guest musician to drop a melody for Prayer for the Afflicted, like an apology for years of abscence, then disappeared again.

For me it's the opposite. I have IWC, I Hurt and Suicide Bomber still mininum 3-4 a day on. Morrigan feels sometimes kinda "meh" in comparison, but still like it. For once (and grammar errors aside) I Hurt's and IWC's lyrics kinda give them some strength too (don't know the rest, but had never cared much for Alexi's lyrics nor found them very interesting).