ibanez rg370dx + dimarzio d-sonic

thegun

New Metal Member
Aug 3, 2010
hi folks,

is it a good idea to put dimarzio d-sonic to my ibanez rg370dx's bridge (that btw it sounds like SHIT right now) ?

how much this will improve the sound?

thanks!

Do it, it will be much, much better sounding; ie clearer, cleaner, and tighter. I have one in my RG570 and my RG7621 and like them better than any other pickups I've tried. I also liked the Tone Zone in my RG570, it's a bit fatter, warmer, and looser than the D-Sonic though.

Pretty much any after market pickup you put in an Ibby will make it sound a lot better.

I have a Jem with a basswood body that I have had a Seymour Duncan JB in before. The guy that had it before me had some ultra lame pups in it and the JB was a huge improvement. I eventually put an emg 81 in it and liked even better.

Now I am playing a RGA 121 model with a mahogany/maple body. The stock pickups in this guitar blow goats. I tried using an emg 81 in the bridge but it sounded way too bright with the maple top. I moved the 81 up to the neck spot and put an emg 85 in the bridge. I am really happy with it now.

Pickups are so much a personally preference thing you really have to just try some different ones. A given pickup can sound very different in different guitars. That’s why two people can have totally opposite experiences with a pickup.

It also depends what sound you are going for. I wouldn't be using an emg85 if I wanted to play in a Boston cover band.

Pickups are so much a personally preference thing you really have to just try some different ones. A given pickup can sound very different in different guitars. That’s why two people can have totally opposite experiences with a pickup.

But c'mon. inf4 suck balls :kickass:
Who will not agree?