Iced Earth: European Tour postponed!

Patched Jackets rule! I have one, but its full of thrash patches, i have recently been planning to get another one and fill it with power/heavy metal patches, because I have too many patches for just one jacket! Of course both will have the Manowar logo on :)

As for the British metal scene, my band are trying our best with our ass kicking power metal! However, we do need a singer before we can start doing gigs, anyone fancy it? We are based in the East Midlands, E-mail me if you are interested. :)

And I think I heard somewhere that Primal Fear might be headlining the IE gig in London.... anyone shed any light on this?

This was posted on Blabbermouth on Feb 5th

PRIMAL FEAR Comment On European Tour Postponement, Confirm WACKEN Appearance

German power metallers PRIMAL FEAR, who were scheduled to support ICED EARTH on a European tour beginning next month, have issued the following statement regarding the tour's postponement:

"Life could be tough, but this situation is not funny. Health has first priority and [ICED EARTH guitarist] Jon, we're with you and understand the seriousness of the situation. We wish you the best and we hope to go out on tour with ICED EARTH when you are fully recovered!

"We're working hard on a solution and we will find a way to bring our most ambitious album out on the road. Our booking agency is in negotiations with all the promoters of the ICED EARTH/PRIMAL FEAR tour and we try to play as much as possible of these shows as headliners. Spain has already confirmed the dates! Watch out for some updates in the next days and confirmed shows. We will try to present the headlining tour till the weekend, in the same timeframe as the ICED EARTH/PRIMAL FEAR tour!

"Great feedback for our video clip 'Metal Is Forever' [Real Media] from the German music TV stations. Watch out for the clip in the coming days & weeks on Viva's 'Hell's Kitchen', Viva 2, Onyx and even on MTV!

"In other great & positive news PRIMAL FEAR is confirmed for this year's Wacken Open Air on Saturday Aug. 7th! We will present the new PRIMAL FEAR line up for the first time in Wacken and we will invite some great guests to join us on stage including a huge pyro-mania!"
So it seems like Primal Fear are trying to save part of the tour atleast, by headlining themselves, but which parts, it isn't clear. I would have thought that strong London ticket sales might give the gig a chance, but after refunds (I assume this will be possible if the headliner changes) and travel expenses are taken into account, it may not be economically viable.

I know for a start that the French gig(s) have been cancelled for good.

i need a good singer, good drummer, average bass and rhythm players...if the singer could play guitar for rhythm itd help, as id rather not have to write 2 parts all the time...but hell, in Bolton all this is impossible anyway!

i like primal fear but i wouldnt pay that amount of money to go down to london and see them when they are playing bloodstock as for finding a vocalist in the midlands area it is hard but lucky(well i think so anyway lol) for my band i am one and write the all the lyrics for the band we found it hard finding a drummer but in the end u will find one so dont give up dawn of the dead in the end it will work out just takes time keep it metal mate

I was lucky in that I never had to find any band members except a singer. I started playing bass and without me knowing my best mate had started to learn guitar aswel. Then after a few months we decided to form a band and his brother took up drums. We all clicked instantly and then recently the guitarist mate has joined the band to play 2nd guitar and he is fucking amazing!
As for the singer well we put ads up around newcastle and before we had even got on the bus home I got a phone call from a singer who was interested! All because i'd put my mates influences as (Kiss, Van Halen, Guns N roses, Iron Maiden then as mine...megadeth, Helloween, Testament and Iced Earth :p)
New singer is amazing aswel so everythings looking good!

Just put shit loads of ads up all over the place and son enough someone will see them! :headbang:

Kai as Primal Fears guest.....would be cool! :worship:

DawnOfTheDead said:
Patched Jackets rule! I have one, but its full of thrash patches, i have recently been planning to get another one and fill it with power/heavy metal patches, because I have too many patches for just one jacket! Of course both will have the Manowar logo on :)

As for the British metal scene, my band are trying our best with our ass kicking power metal! However, we do need a singer before we can start doing gigs, anyone fancy it? We are based in the East Midlands, E-mail me if you are interested. :)

And I think I heard somewhere that Primal Fear might be headlining the IE gig in London.... anyone shed any light on this?
You and me both! i plan to get another too cos two is better than one! :D

Heh, dont worry we're not planning on giving up the Metal!

Yeah, my guitarist and I were mates before the band, and a little later one of our other friends joined, turns out he is really amazing, then I went to college, made friends with a drummer there, so thats how we got our drummer (we had been looking for one for quite a while)..so now all we need is a singer :D

We've put quite a few ads in places, so now all we have to do is wait...and drink...then wait some more.

Cool.
Well it'l happen. We tried all sorts of way to get a singer and ended up getting one by giving one of the ads to a guy I seen with an Iced Earth t-shirt on...turns out his best mate is a singer so :)
If you ever make an EP or album let me know...i'm all up for supporting real metal bands! (and feel free to buy ours aswel :p hehe)

Well We've only just decided to start playing Power Metal, before we played Thrash, but after one recent drunken night we all revealed that Power Metal was what we wanted to do, so at hte moment we've got one song and a couple of covers under our belt, but once we've got a few more originals we're definately thinking of recording a demo.

Sure, I'll buy your bands CD :) what you guys like?

Cool well Thrash is good :headbang:
What covers do you do so far??

Cheers...we only have a few songs fully sorted out so far but the new singer has loads of ideas and we have about 30+ riffs/lyrics and ideas so can make at least 10 songs out of them possibly! Maybe more!
We have decided to cover WickerMan by Maiden as our first cover song. We are going to do 1or2 covers each gig and change them for every gig.
What we like?? erm...well we just play anything from classic rock/metal to my favorites...Thrash and Power metal to jsut typical crunchy Heavy metal stuff. We all have our different tastes so music is very varied!

So far we have Black Wind fire and Steel and Metalwarriors by Manowar, and we are halfway through Painkiller at the moment. We also do Transilvanian Hunger, but thats just a kinda cool down song after rehearsals.

I know what its like, having loads of ideas and stuff but not actually put them into songs yet, we're all off college next week so we're gonna get together and write a couple of songs, at someones house, then learn them individually and then practise them in our usual hired rehearsal room, I think that method works well for us.

So I'll be expecting to see you guys playing at Bloodstock sometime in the future! :headbang:

Cool...sounds good. I had a look at your website today at work! :headbang:
Reminded me that I actually forgot completely about making one...oops!

Yeah we jsut wanted to get a singer before puttign things together fully. We have been practising everyweek for 8 months without one just jamming on etc in this massive soundproof rehearsel place. We get in free aswel because we all know Andy who runs it (a mad hipy/thrash metaler...haha)

Us...playing at Bloodstock eh!!! Well that is of course a dream of mine and for it to one day come true would be cool as owt! I would also lvoe to play Wacken or something similar one day too and with the new singer we have contacts that could possibly get us there one day in the future!
If I can get this damn 'EP' sorted then I can send it to Area 54 manager because she says we might be able to support them in the North east next year! That would be a great start!

Oh and by the way if you wanted to do a gig up here then theres 2-3 places i could easily get any band a gig at through and i'd assure a full house too!
(So to any bands out there who would like to play at newcastle PM or e-mail me or something and let me know....it'd be great to get some true metal bands up here other than the usual ones that are my mates bands...hehe)

I :worship: METAL