Iced Earth looses second guitarist... AGAIN

NicodemiX said:
Precisely, I don't think that Blind Guardian is gay either, the way to tell if they aren't gay is if they don't take promo shots of themselves in

a) loincloths
b) holding swords
c) all of the above
Well, there has to be more to it than just that, cos otherwise the anti-power metal brigade would have to take issue with Quorthon.

By the way, is there ANY band out there other than Manowar who ever wore loincloths, etc?

"Hello Cleveland!"

bios_guests_tap.gif

Why hasn't Anthrax been on the Simpsons yet? I mean if they can get on Married with Children, they certainly should be able to get onto the simpsons

Nicodermix is smoking some crack not of this Earth, thinking that the latest Iced earth is even remotely comparable to their debut, which, not only do I wipe my ass with, but, spit, piss, puke, blow snot and spooge on as well. Only upon imagining the smell of that cocktail can one begin to appreciate just how truly atrocious that vocalist is....

Loincloth: Diamond Dave Lee Roth, Ted Nugent...
And I'll take loincloth, swords and women over "I'm so grim, yet sadly romantic and gay sitting in a forest all by my lonesome in the pale, cold winter" anyday. :OMG:

NicodemiX said:
awww, my public approval rating went down.
Well I can never look at you the same anymore. :tickled:

By the way I'm listening to Blind Guardian, don't know what I was thinking because this rules.

"The Glorious Burden" is not "pro-American propaganda". The songs are simply about events in American history; the Civil War, the Revolutionary War, etc. As for the quality of the CD, if you like Power Metal and the sound of Ripper's voice, you'll love "The Glorious Burden".

As for them losing Ralph, this is good news for the band, as he was horrible. In a review of an Iced Earth show that I posted to RC, I made mention of the fact that he would soon be gone:

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=154378&highlight=iced+earth

As a fan of the band, Ralph's departure doesn't make the band a revolving door. There are only two important people in Iced Earth, Jon and the singer. And as far as I'm concerned, there has only been one change, Ripper replacing Matt. Jon will always find exceptionally talented musicians to breathe life into his creative vision. Who they are is of little importance, as they will mostly be doing what it is Jon wants done.

Zod

General Zod said:
"The Glorious Burden" is not "pro-American propaganda". The songs are simply about events in American history; the Civil War, the Revolutionary War, etc. As for the quality of the CD, if you like Power Metal and the sound of Ripper's voice, you'll love "The Glorious Burden".

You are correct, I am in error. About 0.342 seconds after I hit the "submit reply" button, I realized this and went: "Oh shit!" remembering how Jon likes to point out all the time that it is in fact a history album and is not slanted as a pro-usa record in any way, but trigger happy NAD came in during those 0.342 seconds and quoted me before I edited my post for that inaccuracy. In any case, my posistion stands on my opinion of the quality of the album.

As for the loincloth theory, that seems to now have been disproven. Perhaps we can replace loincloth with "furry underwear"?

Black Winter Day said:
Ramma Gay rules. Erik and his ilk will tell you differently, but they aren't as comfortable with their heterosexuality as I am. Or Ayeka, for that matter, who openly admits to listening to hair bands and Manowar.
Bret Michaels > you :p

I must concur that The Glorius Burden is quite naff. It's hardly an intelligent commentary on American history either. All I could hear way "land of the free yeah yeah yeah!!!! Give me liberty or give me death yeeeeeeeeeeeeeah!!!". If I missed the intelligent parts then I guess it's because I got bored.

NicodemiX said:
but trigger happy NAD came in during those 0.342 seconds and quoted me before I edited my post for that inaccuracy.
Quick on the draw
I thought I'd be dead
He put the gun to my head and this is what he said...

Oh. Whoops.

Ayeka said:
I must concur that The Glorius Burden is quite naff. It's hardly an intelligent commentary on American history either. All I could hear way "land of the free yeah yeah yeah!!!! Give me liberty or give me death yeeeeeeeeeeeeeah!!!".
Ironic that you take issue with a band who has pride in their country, but admittedly would buy CDs based solely on the fact that a band has pride in their race.

Zod

General Zod said:
Ironic that you take issue with a band who has pride in their country, but admittedly would buy CDs based solely on the fact that a band has pride in their race.
pwned.gif

:loco:

To all of you who put image before the music, there is a saying - "a picture speaks a thousand words".

Lets play a game shall we? Spot the power metal band:

moonsorrow.jpg

elvenking.jpg

bathory_foto1.jpg

:loco: