Iced Earth remasters?

Pyrus said:
For Burnt Offerings, ABSOLUTELY...the songs (esp. the title track) sound 10x clearer, sharper and louder. The other two are pretty nice, but not necessary unless you really want more volume that badly.

Thats exactly what I thought, the Burnt Offerings remaster surprised the hell out of me, it was so much better it was almost like a new album, all the acoustic stuff and harmonies in the background you couldnt hear before are there now, its great :headbang:

First off, Pyrus, To Forgive Is To Suffer is the number one Death song of all fucking Time, Secondly, Yes, buy the box set there Willy. I think all the other cd's sound 100% better, and Burnt Offerings sounds astounding.

Back when the reissues were coming out I spotted a copy of Burnt Offerings (non-remaster) and was like "Oh, I better snatch this up before I don't have a chance any more." I think I made a bad choice. I'll buy the remaster some time now... is it really worth it if I have the original? I'm a cheap bastard.

I followed everyone's advice and bought the boxed set. It came in the mail today, and I popped in Iced Earth because that was the album that I thought would benefit the most from the remastering. Immediately, Burnt Offerings started to play. Sounds great, but the mislabeling is a bit on the hysterical side.

Thanks to everyone for the input.

You can send the box set with the wrong labels to Century Media if you want a version with proper labels...don't have a link with any instructions though,I think IE's site has it in past news.

I think I should send my Dark Genesis to CM now that the box set cover is all fucked up and the book thing with the lyrics and biography is in two halfs. :D If they don't send me a new one I'll go kill em.

Dunno,don't care.
At least my copy is rare...one of the 3000 mislabeled ones :p But as Lightbearer proved they haven't even sold the first 3000 yet. Not a big surprise though.

Nothing will top the Original Burnt Offerings cd (for me anyhow) However i really dig the remaster, lots of stuff that you couldn't hear on the original, and at times it almost sounds completely different. It's too bad the remasters cover is rather cheesy compared to the original (and that goes for all the IE remasters in general)