Iced Earth

wdiv

Rattlehead
May 28, 2004
US
Surprised I haven't seen any buzz on here about the new album!

I've listened to it a couple of times, so I'm still feeling it out, but it seems to be a pretty solid effort overall.

Received it today :D

Let's put it this way I have never been a fan of the band I own "The Horror Show" only because I'm a fan of old horror movies (same fandom I have with Force Of Evil "Black Empire") and "Tribute To The Gods" because I'm a sucker for tributes.

But this one really got me, I donwloaded and played several times and decided it's good to have, so here it is :). So far 'The Thousand Strong' worth the slab.

NP: Jordan Rudess - 'Sound Chaser'

This one is good, but I like The Glorious Burden better over all...

I recall TGB to be uninteresting and unworthy of Ripper vocals, but I may have now to revisited it.

NP: Iced Earth - 'Ten Thousand Strong'

It's growing fast on me, I have been spinning it a lot lately. A lot of prog power feeling, I won't mind having them touring this album at PPIX.

NP: Masterplan - 'Watching The World'

I didn't like it. Owens is a sorry replacement for Barlow.

Don't get me wrong, the music is good, and John Schaffer is a great lyricist, but as soon as Owen's opens his mouth, the whole song capsizes.

I prefer Owens over Barlow, specially on this one. For some reason Barlow reminds me too much of Paul Stanley I can't listen to IE with a straight face sometimes.

I prefer Owens over Barlow, specially on this one. For some reason Barlow reminds me too much of Paul Stanley I can't listen to IE with a straight face sometimes.

thats exactly how i feel. barlow sounds like paul stanley on steroids.

i'm hopefully buying the new album today

I'm listening to the album again now. Is really growing on me, Owens doesn't sound like a Halford clone and the overall music and construction and arrangements of the tunes have the trademark of IE. Very good powerful metal, not too Euro happy, neither typical American style.
I sense Tim is feeling confortable into his position and that Jon like it too creating a better chemistry.

NP: Iced Earth - 'A Charge To Keep'

Glorious Burden may not have been IE's best, but the Gettysburg suite is really a masterpiece.

Same with Dracula, I Died For You, and Damien.

Again I bought THS because of the theme songs, I can't stand Barlow more than that but I can recognize he made a devote group of followers that helped IE to be in the position where they are now.

NP: Poisonblack - 'Never Enough'

I'm dissappointed in this one. I expected alot better. Boring CD.
I guess I'm in the minority on this one.

Most definitively. I can understand the "rage" of Barlow fans and/or that people don't like Owens vocals, but I would never call this a boring album :headbang:

NP: Blitzkrieg - 'Theater Of The Damned'

I guess like so many times I am going against the grain :lol: Never liked IE but this album rocks all the way, I love "Endorama" and all Kreator fans hate it, I hate TOT from Dream Theater and people like it.

Life is so :D

NP: Tomas Bodin - What's Goin On