I'd just like to mention...

I bought the CD awhile ago. It came with a 30 minute audio DVD, what the fuck is it? I only listenened to a few seconds of it, all i heard where some birds or something.. has anyone listened to all of it?

anonymousnick2001 said:
Is it just me, or does the band use a lot of thrash/groove riffs for a grindcore group?

Only on 'Terrifyer' really, but most traditional grindcore bands do groove riffs all the time anyways. Grind is still just hardcore at the roots of it. PD did used to be much more brutal, which was awesome, but I think the new album is amazing as well.

anonymousnick2001 said:
Have you heard "Trojan Whore?"

Yeah, I know they had some of those riffs on 'Prowler' and '38 Counts' (though there's really only a couple on the debut), but on 'Terrifyer' there's just so many more than before. It's so... Swedish, like I said.

I think I've changed my mind again... I do love the new album and all their shit, but after listening to 'Prowler' a few times in the last day or so, I think that 'Explosions In Ward 6' is actually my favorite, just for how brutal and non-groovy it is. There is nothing more fucken intense than 'Three Second Apocalypse'.

I hurt my neck on this one. One of the best Metal CDs I've heard all year.

Oh yeah, I forgot. Pig Destroyer aren't Metal at all. =/

Oh. Okay then. Yeah, I know that the whole case of 'grindcore's punk not metal FOOL' can be made, but PD have plenty of thrash and groove riffs, so...in the words of Nick Hexum, "fuck the naysayers."

Nocturnal Silence said:
What's so good about Pig Destroyer? I don't get it...

The unsettling atmosphere they create despite not using faux-spatial soundscapes or anything except pure agression.