Idea for the "Oddball" Band

my guess would be too expensive. They wouldn't be very high up in the bill due to the fans revolting, yet they are a major label band, so that wouldn't fly. Then there's the no moshing thing....

To be honest, i really like their new album. Their first two suck donkey taint.

scooterSST said:
Avenged Sevenfold.

They're getting tons of radio airplay, and their euro-power metal with a modern American twist.
:lol:
Wow Scott!! That is exactly what I'm listening to right now! I've been really digging this newest disk. Awesome guitar and drum work! Didn't like what I heard before though.

Unfortunately, I think there radio-play status and the fact that they are touring right now (just missed them in Baltimore on Nov. 5 @ Sonar) precludes them from PP. I also agree with theodyssey and that people would revolt *just because* they do get radio and MTV2 play. If Symphony X or Everygrey ever get radio play or MTV2, they're done! ;)

See you on Thursday @ Kamelot?

They are on a headlining run in the states right now. They could sell out earthlink on their own. A few years ago they would have been cool, but now they are borderline huge.

City of Evil does kick ass though, listened to it on the way to work.

I've been a fan since...i almost want to say 1999ish, before they even released their first album. I don't like their new stuff as much, and I don't think theyd fit the bill all that greatly...but who knows

Yeah, and let's have Korn too. 1,000,000 fucking cds in the world and we're requesting to see Avenged Sevenfold? A-Fucking-mazing.

Going "commercial" even with the oddball band would be wrong. We would end up with a bunch of people buying tickets who would piss and moan for the other 90% of the show and who wants that?

I am sure Glenn has a set of specs that he applies for the "oddball band" designation, and a band touring all over the US is probably not one of them.

Blech! those guys instead of someone like Freak Kitchen? Nope, no support here....sorry ( They ARE an interesting band, just not PP material, IMO)

I don't think they're a good idea because they get a lot of exposure here anyway. But ummm...music wise what I've heard of 'City Of Evil' sounds pretty metal to me. And if they were there, I don't think enough of their "non-power metal fans" are going to be paying $100+ to make a difference in terms of keeping the Prog-Power People from having tickets.

And I really think the only reason they would be an "oddball" would be because they have a different image and get played on MTV. Because the couple of songs I have from City Of Evil have a lot in common with power metal to my ears. :) I wouldn't want to have them as an oddball, because I'd much rather have a true musical oddball than something like that.

Personally, between a fun popular band and a really annoying derivitive prog band, I'd rather have the former.

They are good, one of the better bands right now in USA, but I see them as just too mainstream for PP, I mean there are tons of deserving, underground bands that should get a better shot at PP..

Barking Pumpkin said:
I don't think they're a good idea because they get a lot of exposure here anyway. But ummm...music wise what I've heard of 'City Of Evil' sounds pretty metal to me. And if they were there, I don't think enough of their "non-power metal fans" are going to be paying $100+ to make a difference in terms of keeping the Prog-Power People from having tickets.

And I really think the only reason they would be an "oddball" would be because they have a different image and get played on MTV. Because the couple of songs I have from City Of Evil have a lot in common with power metal to my ears. :) I wouldn't want to have them as an oddball, because I'd much rather have a true musical oddball than something like that.

Personally, between a fun popular band and a really annoying derivitive prog band, I'd rather have the former.

Yeah but you think Ark is power metal OMGOMGOMG!!!!!11!!!:D