ideal halloween music

genocide roach

DOOOOOOOOOOM
Aug 18, 2002
what would be your picks for halloween music? for trick or treaters, or parties, or whatever.

id prolly have to go with the dark stuff. emperor would be a good pick. or... the prized jewel of my cd collection. the disneys haunted mansion soundtrack. i have an obsession with that hehehe

so what are the picks?
~gR~

There's a few fucked up little tracks on Akercocke's 'The Goat of Mendes'. "Betwixt Iniquitatis And Prostigiators", "Fortune My Foe", "Initiation". I know at least one of those is very creepy.

Wow! I never thought of playing some like Emperor when the little bastards come to my house, that would scare the hell out of them! Haha genious!!!

hahahahaha! I can just picture a group of kids coming to the door, and you have some massive sound system set up just inside the door. You opne it - "trick or treeeeeeeee.....

*puts on Emperor - thus spake the nightspirit*

...eeeeeeaaaarrrrrrgggghhhhh!!!!!"

*pestering kids run away*

:lol:

Some Emperor would be good, play the 1st two tracks of Antehems for the tricker treaters! I'd say Skepticism would be good, or most feuneral doom for that matter. Some My Dying Bride, Miranda Sex Garden, Dead Can Dance, and definatly try out some Robert Fripp soundscapes ( try Outter Darkness of the album Gates of Pardaise)

I'm tempted to say something dark ambient like Lustmord, but pop in some good noise disc like Brighter Death Now or The Grey Wolves. That'll probably be great to scare'em off though...

I have a mix CD of creepy classical music. Like Peer Gynt, Night on Bald Mountain, Danse Macabre, some Shostakovich, the usual.

And Rob Zombie. Played it last halloween, and all the trick-or-treaters loved it.

yeah, emperor works really well. i played it last year for halloween. i actually did the whole black metal thing last year, corpse paint, got some gauntlets, dark funeral shirt... im thinkin of addin a bullet belt this year. spendy fuckers though. lets just say it worked rather well. the whole vibe was cool. i wanna black out my front porch, the halloween store i work at has this light rig that looks like red bat eyes in the dark, play emperor with that... shit. i think that would rule. too bad its 80 fuckin bucks for the light set
~gR~