IE 7 Beta 2 Preview

Nate The Great

What would Nathan do?
May 10, 2002
www.ultimatemetal.com
Has anybody else tried this? It just came out yesterday.

I love it so far. It is sort of a rip off of Firefox, but of course that's how Microsoft works. They have added some improvements, though.

All the fonts on the interweb are very sweet looking now. Much more readable.

I know most of you hate IE, so proceed with all that.

It came out about 2 months ago :erk:

I've been using it a little... mainly for mail and that live.com portal thing occasionally, but it's pretty sluggish, so I stick to Firefox for anything worthwhile. The slowness is probably just a beta thing though.

thanks for the heads-up ... the fonts are definetelly sweeter ... even as I am typing this, all look more natural

ugh SINCE WHEN SHOULD FONT RENDERING BE A TASK FOR THE BROWSER

see the problem here is that microsoft's antialiasing built into the os is fucking shit to begin with

look at this FreeType shit, i bet you wish you had fonts half as slick as mine

rvy3i1.png

Security is improved some I guess. I don't really know all that tech stuff, so I'm not sure what security problems old IE had. It automatically checks for phishing now. I've never had any issues with IE.

Décadent said:
It came out about 2 months ago :erk:

I've been using it a little... mainly for mail and that live.com portal thing occasionally, but it's pretty sluggish, so I stick to Firefox for anything worthwhile. The slowness is probably just a beta thing though.

This is the 2nd Beta version. It just came out yesterday.

Well, the old IE would let anyone arbitrarily force you to download code and run it on your computer without asking or telling you, just by visiting a website. And some evil dudes exploited that in order to take over your computer to send out spam, display ads all over the place, or to capture your paypal login and start buying stuff with your account. I don't know anyone this actually happened to personally, but that's what supposedly could happen.

I just hate IE because any time I make a website I spend 3 times as long figuring out how to get it to work even close to correctly in IE as it does to get it working properly in all other browsers combined.

jimbobhickville said:
I just hate IE because any time I make a website I spend 3 times as long figuring out how to get it to work even close to correctly in IE as it does to get it working properly in all other browsers combined.

I found just the opposite . . . but I used Microsoft Frontpage to design.

I'm learning Dreamweaver now, though.

My first bad news about the new IE.

It seems to use almost twice as much RAM. Microsoft is saying, "If you don't have at least 1 GB of RAM, you aren't worth our time."

Maybe its just my computer, though.