IE 7 Beta 2 Preview

jimbobhickville said:
Not that I disagree with anything else you've said, but that's not really much, as far as credentials go. The guy sitting next to me has been doing web design for nearly 10 years, and print design before that for several years. I've got 6 years, but more on the programming side than design. I can't do graphics for shit.
yeah I was just bragging a bit to shut others up so I could win,. ugh hung over.

lurch70 said:
most designers/artists would die an instant death without some guidance from a business person behind them ... as most of them hate to deal with people and the "business" world ... but they do need eachother

on some levels I agree with that
not so bad for me because I mostly just deal with bands, that usually aren't a pain to work for
sometimes they can be time consuming though
i'd love to be at the point of just doing art and having an agent to deal with all the other shit, probably never happen though

going for another design job this week...at a printer...fuck all you web pansies.... ;)

i'd love to be at the point of just doing art and having an agent to deal with all the other shit, probably never happen though

oddly enough, this is what I do. Kind of an agent/project manager.
I get the business, deal with the customers and have a team of designers locally and overseas that complete the projects.
Everyone wins ... and the designers/developers they just deal with me ... so they love it.
I currently have 4 different teams out there working on projects, but do some kind of serious "can we get along" type of interviews before working with someone new

lurch70 said:
oddly enough, this is what I do. Kind of an agent/project manager.
I get the business, deal with the customers and have a team of designers locally and overseas that complete the projects.
Everyone wins ... and the designers/developers they just deal with me ... so they love it.
I currently have 4 different teams out there working on projects, but do some kind of serious "can we get along" type of interviews before working with someone new

cool,
I'd really just like to stick to artwork and some illustration
which is what I'm best at, but its pretty tough, especially to find the time to develop my skills, when doing all the communication and design etc and personal circumstances have been dificult too:ill:
I 'worked' at a friends studio for 5 months last year, they were really just letting me use a corner so I wouldn't get roped into a shitty government scheme, I did a few texture map jobs to help out,
there were 3 guys there, 2 doing the work and one doing the business (he did some photography too)
without that guy, nothing would get done with the phone ringing, emails trying to get paid etc
I also learned that working from home is full of distraction and complication, when I was there it was easier to focus
but I guess I'll just have to keep looking for a job, fucking soul destroying as that is :mad: