IE 7 Beta 2 Preview

LOL at the anti flash swedes ... especially since it's pretty much the only way you can get really artisitic on the web ...

yeah the problem is that by making flash websites you break every user setting the user has made, i.e. if i can't read your 7pt font that you have chosen i'm fucked because i can't use my browser settings to increase the font size. if you use green text on red background and i'm colour blind i can't change the background colour. if you embed mp3 files and i want to play them somewhere else than my browser i can't do that. if i want to save images i can't do that, if i want to print the page on my printer that won't work, i can't count on cut/copy/paste functioning correctly, you're breaking the browser's window management - can't open different pages in different tabs/windows, ETC ETC ETC

flash is as tr00 as BM

oh i would believe it's flash alright, considering they (like all flash sites in the world) completely overtake my browser's functionality because the DESIGNER thinks HE knows better than ME how i'm supposed to view his site like a total fucking asswad

dumbfuck arrogance like that makes me say fuck off and close my browser window

congratulations cunts, you just lost yourself a potential customer because you think fancy ass graphics are more important than presenting information in a usable manner

the DESIGNER thinks HE knows better than ME how i'm supposed to view his site like a total fucking asswad

hahahha ... there is so many parallels I can draw here with artists/musicians ...
I am just going to go take a shower instead :loco:

lurch70 said:
hahahha ... there is so many parallels I can draw here with artists/musicians ...
I am just going to go take a shower instead :loco:
look don't even try it

a commercial fucking web site that tries to sell me cable tv service or some shitty car is NOT ART

NOT

ART

lurch70 said:
i think most web designers would beg to differ ... actually I think all might.
well any web designer that is deluded enough to think of themselves as an artist to the point where the actual information that the web site is supposed to deliver to the end user takes a back seat to their "artistic vision" is an absolute SHIT web designer, regardless of how good his sense of aesthetics is

some sites ... like the US MINI site ... all done in Flash ... www.miniusa.com
are done a certain way to attract a specific buyer ... someone not very keen on figuring things out, although the site is still 100% functional and user friendly, will be turned off by it and not be able to relate.
certain designs, tools used are done so for specific reasons ...

the last website revision I made on my site was done on purpose to weed out people that would not "get" the type of stuff we do. I wanted to focus on particular customers and weed out the rest.

I think this applies to music as well ...