IE 7 Beta 2 Preview

Has anybody used Microsoft Office Live? I know most of you hate Microsoft, but I can register and host a domain for free there. If anybody knows of any negatives, let me know.

it all depends what message you try to get across ... I can't see an entertainment co. having a flat boring html site for example ... where text means nothing to the customer ... visuals speaking volumes.

Why would an HTML site have to be "flat boring"?? Because you don't know what you're talking about? OK, I get it.

I've studied university-level web design and I currently work (OK not really work yet but soon :Spin:) as a graphical designer so I am obviously right and you are very wrong. Know your xhtml and css and you will have a PROPERLY FUNCTIONING, GRAPHICALLY APPEALING and AESTHETICALLY BEAUTIFUL site if you need/want it.

actually I'm quite jealous, I'd love to have had the oportunity to learn all that shit when I was younger
I left (my very shit) school at 15 to work as a building labourer
digging holes and mixing cement for very little money but enough for beer and drums
at least youre learning something worth a fuck

Just now

What I'm saying is: YOU DON'T NEED CRAPPY POOPY FLASH TO MAKE A WEBSITE LOOK LIKE WHATEVER THE FUCK YOU WANT, ALL YOU NEED IS SOME BRAINS+SKILL and I'm right so I win. And design != art so I wouldn't compare them like that.

EDIT: So why don't you learn? www.w3schools.com click XHTML and CSS. I trust you can take care of the graphical stuff already, and if you want to slice pictures into segments for whatever reason I recommend ImageReady but you probably know all about that already.

ah, i know some great designers

i know a lot of artists that suck too
its not a general thing
but one thing you notice is that artists tend to make better designers than designers make artists
if you know what I mean

I've been turned down for a lot of design jobs , not because I don't have the skill but because I really don't think in that corporate design way.

more often than not, whenever a design studio advertises for creativity and imagination all thy want is someone to do want thier clients want...which is what every other cunt already has
its boring

Well, agreed, most things aren't black or white, but I see art as something done because you want/need to and design as work. Generally. And work mostly isn't a whole load of fun.

I've been turned down for a lot of design jobs , not because I don't have the skill but because I really don't think in that corporate design way.

most designers/artists would die an instant death without some guidance from a business person behind them ... as most of them hate to deal with people and the "business" world ... but they do need eachother

fotmbm said:
I've studied university-level web design and I currently work (OK not really work yet but soon :Spin:) as a graphical designer so I am obviously right and you are very wrong.

Not that I disagree with anything else you've said, but that's not really much, as far as credentials go. The guy sitting next to me has been doing web design for nearly 10 years, and print design before that for several years. I've got 6 years, but more on the programming side than design. I can't do graphics for shit.