IE quoted in Van Helsing Movie?

Vicious

Fallen Angel
Mar 16, 2002
Brasil
In this movie, there´s a scene when the monk finds a painting, and he reads:

"Even a man who's pure, and says his prayers by night, man become a wolf.
When the wolf bane blooms, and the autumn moon is bright, man may become a wolf."

Well I´m note sure if it was exactly it, ´cause I was busy with my girl at this moment :Spin: , but I´m sure about this fragments: "Even a man who's pure, and says his prayers by night" and "When the wolf bane blooms".

So I wonder, did Schaffer get this chorus from somewhere else, and they also used it in the movie, or they quoted this letter?

That's from a Cradle Of Filth song, Queen Of Winter, Throned I believe. But they say: Even a man who is pure in the heart, and speaks in prayer by night, may become a wolf when the wolf's bane blooms, and the winter moon is bright.

Oh yeah, Iced Earth and Cradle of Filth are the most obscure bands ever.

But thanks for the info.

Vicious said:
Oh yeah, Iced Earth and Cradle of Filth are the most obscure bands ever.

But thanks for the info.
Do 98% of the people who go see Van Helsing know who Iced Earth or Cradle of Filth are? Right, thought so.

Don't know what world YOU live in, but they're obscure whether you want to admit it or not.

What I meant was, isnt there the slightest possibility of some movie writer into metal? Isnt Jim Carrey a Cannibal Corpse fan, by the way?

I´m sorry if I made you feel mainstream.

Vicious said:
What I meant was, isnt there the slightest possibility of some movie writer into metal? Isnt Jim Carrey a Cannibal Corpse fan, by the way?

I´m sorry if I made you feel mainstream.
I guess there is, why not? As for Carrey being a Corpse fan, I guess he knows who they are, is he a fan? I tend to doubt it. I could care less about being elitist or mainstream.

I just think it's silly to think that "some movie writer" is going to borrow lyrics from an obscure metal band to put in a huge movie. It's a lot more likely it was the other way around (i.e. Shaeffer borrowing the lyrics from something else).

markgugs said:
I guess there is, why not? As for Carrey being a Corpse fan, I guess he knows who they are, is he a fan? I tend to doubt it. I could care less about being elitist or mainstream.

I just think it's silly to think that "some movie writer" is going to borrow lyrics from an obscure metal band to put in a huge movie. It's a lot more likely it was the other way around (i.e. Shaeffer borrowing the lyrics from something else).

Carrey invited Cannibal Corpse to appear in Ace Ventura movie, and say thay are great. I think he is a fan.

And as you can read in my post, borrowing this part of the lyric from somewhere else was my first thought:

"So I wonder, did Schaffer get this chorus from somewhere else, and they also used it in the movie, or they quoted this letter?"

Well, whatever. They both borrowed it from this original Wolfman, that´s what I wanted to know since the beginning.

The entire chorus of Damien is taken from the omen, and the entire spoken part in the middle that Jon is talking is taken from The Omen part 3. The point is yes, Jon took quotes from the movies that the songs were based on.

And yes, I have read that Jim Carrey IS a HUGE Cannibal Corpse fan. Just because he's in Hollywood doesn't mean he can't like them?