If Biomechanical Were to Record a Cover...

Existenz

Nov 12, 2004
UK
If Biomechanical were to record a cover in the studio, what cover would you like them to do ?

Bjork - Army of Me

...or possibly...

Thomas Dolby - Einstein a go-go

nothing metal - metal covering metal is a bit pointless (with some notable exceptions) :)

Off the top of my head...

Anathema - Judgement (Judgement)
Dream Theater - Fatal Tragedy (Scenes from a memory)
Machine Head - Block (Burn my eyes)
Mercyful Fate - Legend of the headless rider (In the shadows)
Psychostick - I hate doing laundry (We couldn't think of a title)
Queen - Princes of the universe (A kind of magic)
Radiohead - Paranoid android (OK computer) or 2+2=5 (Hail to the thief)
Ultra Vomit - Judas Prost (Monsieur Patate)

edit : added albums and corrected a song title.../\></\

I definitely think John's idea of a slightly biomeched version of "Blood Red Skies" is it. I remember talking with the girlfriedn about if going on American Idol and getting them to ok doing "Blood Red Skies".

"EnForce", "Deliverance", or "Roads To Madness" from The Warning would also be fantastic. Some 80s Queen would be great, seeing as how they're my favorite band. :headbang:

The orchestral works of Savatage (Dead Winter Dead, Wake of Magellan, Gutter Ballet, Streets) would be awesome and give recognition to an extremely underated band. :)

Biomechanoid#001 said:
Dude, you are listening to Vince Di Cola???!!!??

I thought I was the only one on the planet!:headbang:

I always keep the tape to the Rocky IV soundtrack in my car. It's a favorite of mine. Did he also work on Top Gun?

Yu know, I'd love to interesting one-off local shows with my band where we cover an entire album like Ride the Lightning, Operation Mindcrime, or Powerslave. Even soundtracks wouldn't be off limits like doing the A Kind of Magic album or the Rocky IV soundtrack. I'd be a bit apprehensive about doing the entire Top Gun album, though: way too much blatant homo-eroticism with Kenny Loggins' "Playin' With the Boys". :ill:

WinterSolstice said:
I always keep the tape to the Rocky IV soundtrack in my car. It's a favorite of mine. Did he also work on Top Gun?

Yu know, I'd love to interesting one-off local shows with my band where we cover an entire album like Ride the Lightning, Operation Mindcrime, or Powerslave. Even soundtracks wouldn't be off limits like doing the A Kind of Magic album or the Rocky IV soundtrack. I'd be a bit apprehensive about doing the entire Top Gun album, though: way too much blatant homo-eroticism with Kenny Loggins' "Playin' With the Boys". :ill:

lol:

I don't think I have Rocky IV but The Empire Strikes Back is an essential CD to have with me when I travel :)

Painkiller, Reign In Blood and Creeping Death were amazing, live. Any one of them would form a brilliant cover.

If I could pick any actual song, then it'd be a nevermore track, pretty much any. RiverDragon would sound ACE!

250px-TakeOnMe.jpg

a'ha - Take Me On
Jimi Hendrix - can't think of an exact song
N.W.A. - Express Yourself

A Metal Band Doing A Metal Cover are often a little disappointing. When a cover is done from a completely different genre of music, it usually forces that artist to be creative. Bands covering their own genre (or one similar) often are boring\uncreative. Take almost all the Megadeth Covers *boring* as an example.

Album Covers that are really worth a listen:
Jamie Cullem (sp?) - Wind Cries Mary (jimi)
Machine Head - Ship in a Bottle (sting)
Metallica - Stone Cold Crazy (queen)
Sepultura - Black Steel in the Hour of Chaos

If we were to do a Queen track I think my vote would go to 'Hero' also known as the 'Battle Theme' from Flash Gordon. Now that track is one of the heaviest f*cking things I've ever heard. But I know if Mr Webb had anything to do with it, it'd definately be 'Ogre Battle' :headbang:

Ogre Batte, eh? Now this is becoming intriguing...
Maybe we should take the band up on this at some point...

jackchimono said:
Anyone heard that song Monster by The Automatic? Could work...
Lol, great song, but I don't think so...

Biomechanoid#001 said:
Innuendo is an incredible track! The whole album is awesome

The album makes me sad, for obvious reasons. Queen is my favorite band of all time. RIP, Freddie!!

Pickup the Rocky IV soundtrack at some point. By the time you finish listening to it, you'll feel like punching meat.

Why? Because "There's no easy way out! There's no shortcut hoooome!!" :headbang: