If DT should do a cover...

Child of Time

Voice of reason
Feb 1, 2002
Gothenburg, Sweden
Visit site
Is there any song you've heard that you think Dark Tranquillity would do better? Which song and why do you think so?

I can't come up with anything myself, but this thread will probably be full of spam/die until tomorrow anyway. :D

i think - and i suggested so to them recently - that they would do great cover versions of old testament songs, particularly disciples of the watch, trial by fire or envy life.

They should make HAMMER SMASHED FACE by Cannibal Corpse really melodic. That'd be cool.

On a more serious note Id love them to inject their power into "the perfumed garden" by "Omnium Gatherum". I think OG's version is kinda weak and to hear DT play that would be mind shattering (not a likely or a good choice though)!

@Nick: I'd say either Down In a Hole, Angry Chair, or Would. Any of those'd be cool. And I second the motion to have them do anything in Swedish. Just listening to Soilwork's 'Qwicksilver' makes me want to hear more of this odd, yet cool sounding language.

~Kov. (although in said song, Strid makes the oddest noise - It's gotta be a word, but it just sounds like "Oorkleon")

I think something completely different would nowadays suit DT better than some old metal-classic. How about a song by Kent?

Schwedentod said:
@ Miolo: ytse --> stye --> soundtrack to your escape?!?

Maybe it's a way to get this joke, but you'll have to tell us!!!
Well, I'll give you a little hint: a certain Dark Tranquillity song has supposedly a "borrowed" part from the said Dream Theater song (which has nothing to do with STYE).

-Villain (getting all the jokes)

I´d love to hear bullet with butterfly wings (the smashing pumpkins) in a wonders at your feet-ish kind of style...

creep by radiohead would be great as well, I picture it with clean vocals in the verses and growls in the chorus. and speaking of radiohead, whatever happened with that street spirit cover that DT apparently was about to do but never did? :confused:

I also agree very much agree with the depeche mode and kent ideas, btw. can´t come up with any particular songs, though.