If I may...

Resonator

Apr 16, 2007
I find striking resemblance in fact between the new album "Watershed" and some recently discovered books known as the "Nag Hammadi library". In the codex, they mention something of "The Waters", as if this is the resting place of God and all his angels (The invisible, of course). Watershed, from what I know of the lyrics in the album, looks most definitely like a Watershed, if you know what I mean.

He rises from the water, in any case...I dunno, it made me think. What are your thoughts, taking this into effect while listening to the album?

I find striking resemblance in fact between the new album "Watershed" and some recently discovered books known as the "Nag Hammadi library". In the codex, they mention something of "The Waters", as if this is the resting place of God and all his angels (The invisible, of course). Watershed, from what I know of the lyrics in the album, looks most definitely like a Watershed, if you know what I mean.

He rises from the water, in any case...I dunno, it made me think. What are your thoughts, taking this into effect while listening to the album?

Those invisible, intangible, inaudible weightless angles must of put this crackpot hypothesis into your batshit insane head. Made me laugh though :headbang:

Watershed meaning: "A critical point that marks a division or a change of course; a turning point" and that's what Opeth means with Watershed (I think)!

Contextually, yes. The lyrics are clear about it.

C'mon guys, show a little respect. I would love to read that book, but you should explain a little more about it and not act as if everyone knew about it.

Well I know there's naturally skepticism but it IS my opinion. If the world is made of plausible things, but only one truth, then based on the facts I interpret, that's my translation of the album.

Basically the waters represents a holy place, so to speak. It's where the First Ruler and all them preside over, and being a Watershed (As by normal definition, not the 3rd or 4th one down in the Websters, WierdGray :p) can be directly applied to the Beast of revelations in that manner. It's my belief (Thank you Iced Earth, among countless others) that the beast is, in fact, THE Watershed.

It's a very mixed up concoction of a belief, but coincidence DOES prove logic, as they say. Pure natural selection, for everything in this topic.

well i don't see any direct relation(i havent read the books) and i doubt they have anything to do with it, but still the mear relation is interesting:)

I guess it takes a crazy person to identify the relationship. In any case, my only wish is to hear the artists opinion.

Well I know there's naturally skepticism but it IS my opinion. If the world is made of plausible things, but only one truth, then based on the facts I interpret, that's my translation of the album.

Basically the waters represents a holy place, so to speak. It's where the First Ruler and all them preside over, and being a Watershed (As by normal definition, not the 3rd or 4th one down in the Websters, WierdGray :p) can be directly applied to the Beast of revelations in that manner. It's my belief (Thank you Iced Earth, among countless others) that the beast is, in fact, THE Watershed.

It's a very mixed up concoction of a belief, but coincidence DOES prove logic, as they say. Pure natural selection, for everything in this topic.

That's all very interesting. Would like to hear a little more about it. Like.. what's the definition on Websters about "a holy place"? Can't find it.

EDIT : Hmm and again, I'm sorry, I didn't read the book, maybe I just can't understand for that reason.

Like.. what's the definition on Websters about "a holy place"?

Well, Websters probably wouldn't have it. But if I may use a riddle:

From what we can see,
I don't exist in space,
So why not look,
In a quiet place?

Hint: In Flames.