If I may...

Thanks, Resonator. I thought I was the only person out there with this theory. Nice to know there are others out there thinking along the same lines.

and maybe about the material things !! it's like a new direction for them !
and yeah...i wanna read that book too ! it sounds interesting

Yeah that's right! I wonder if that point was something Mikael was thinking about when choosing this title. What was the title he wanted to choose before "Watershed" already?

Nice to know there are others out there thinking along the same lines.

If it makes you feel less lonely, then I think of "my cock, your mouth" too.

If I may...what the fuck are you talking about?

"Watershed" means a turning point. Clearly, losing Lopez and Peter is a turning point in the band's history, hence a "watershed." Hence why the album is named "Watershed." See how that works?

Yeah that's right! I wonder if that point was something Mikael was thinking about when choosing this title. What was the title he wanted to choose before "Watershed" already?

If it makes you feel less lonely, then I think of "my cock, your mouth" too.

I never heard Mike talking abotu another title !! i hope some interviewer will ask him about such interesting things instead of those fucking "influences" stupid questions that i'm sure that mike got enough of them !!! anyone can check out his myspace profile and enjoy his essay in "music" part hahah !!!

I never heard Mike talking abotu another title !! i hope some interviewer will ask him about such interesting things instead of those fucking "influences" stupid questions that i'm sure that mike got enough of them !!! anyone can check out his myspace profile and enjoy his essay in "music" part hahah !!!

No really, before the album was release, or near the moment, there was an interview I think, about it. Mikael tells a name his wanted for Watershed but didn't use it because some other (shit) band had an album using it.

If I may...what the fuck are you talking about?

"Watershed" means a turning point. Clearly, losing Lopez and Peter is a turning point in the band's history, hence a "watershed." Hence why the album is named "Watershed." See how that works?

yeah maybe !! It's clear that the departure of the Lopez,Peter and even Anders has touched mike's feelings, it's clear in his interviews !!! he said more than once : "...and people change u know.." and I do belive that those facts are a part of Mike's personal life.

No really, before the album was release, or near the moment, there was an interview I think, about it. Mikael tells a name his wanted for Watershed but didn't use it because some other (shit) band had an album using it.

Good to know ! i never heard that actually. but there is someone else who used the same title as opeth did this time .

"I'm writing you now 3 days later. I have the title and it's "Watershed". I like it, I love it actually. My first title was "Repulsion" but when I told Jonas (Katatonia) he started sending my mock covers with the Opeth logo and the green head from the "Horrified" sleeve by the band Repulsion."

from the Watershed session diary.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/watershed, definition #4: "an important point of division or transition between two phases, conditions, etc.:"

Oh, that's different. You can't just think "my cock, your mouth." You have to live it.

And I do that very well.

Haha let's not go further, alright, congrats!... And thanks NicholasDWolfwood for the quote. I knew I heard it somewhere. Repulsion. Heh, but it could sound "Opeth". Along with Damnation, Lamentation, Deliverance... I guess that was the idea of such a title.

"I'm writing you now 3 days later. I have the title and it's "Watershed". I like it, I love it actually. My first title was "Repulsion" but when I told Jonas (Katatonia) he started sending my mock covers with the Opeth logo and the green head from the "Horrified" sleeve by the band Repulsion."

from the Watershed session diary.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/watershed, definition #4: "an important point of division or transition between two phases, conditions, etc.:"

ah yeah yeah yeah i remember this one :rofl: it was last year i think.