If one was to make an 80 minute Novembers doom comp

aztattooedsean

crazed tattooed metalhead
Jan 19, 2002
Chandler,arizona
www.facebook.com
what songs would you probably put on it and to challenge you some more, what order would you put the songs to make it flow very nicely?

I like making comps to play for friends to introduce them to good music.:Spin:

All opinions and comments are valuable. I am still in the early stages of listening to all of your tracks from past 3 cds so I am still in a blur. o_O I have turned many friends and others onto various music such as Agalloch and many others thanks to the tattooedsean comps:p

Im not sure of the order, but songs that I feel are essential (and this is from my own personal feelings on our songs, not the fan favorites):

Dark Fields For Brilliance
Not the Strong
Silent Tomorrow
Harmony Divine
With Rue and Fire
Awaken
Last God
Withen My Flesh
Dawn Breaks
Broken
The Jealous Sun
In The Absence of Grace
For Every Leaf That Falls

Not the Strong
Within My Flesh
Silent Tomorrow
Last God
With Rue And Fire
For Every Leaf That Falls*
The Jealous Sun*
Dawn Breaks*
Amour Of The Harp
My Agony, My Ecstasy
Nothing Earthly Save The Thrill

*For Every Leaf That Falls versions

Not sure of the running length, but this is pretty much my list of the best ND songs.

yeah, that is cool. I really don't go for fan favorites(although alot of a band's really good songs become them) or if it is type of band that has singles, I don't go by that. I go for 80 minutes of bliss that if it were me as a brand new listener to that band's music would just amaze me once I had listened to enough to really take it in. It would then make me curious to look into the entire catalog.

I have often been told by people that not only do they enjoy my comps but the flow is very nice as I pick songs that usually lead into each other well.

I will look into both lists so far to see how time limit would be.

By the way, I am still new with your awesome music. I am listening to Of Sculptured Ivy at the moment. It still is all being stored in my head right now as I know certain songs stick in my head but still alittle in a blur type stage. I haven't seen you guys live so I don't have the fan favorite prejudice yet so I am going at this comp with clean slate.

I also think it is cool as I have never had a band member directly put his/her opinion towards a comp I was making so thanks.:headbang:

In general I think my favorite are the band's strongest songs, which would also be good to find new fans. The FELTF CD would be enough to get most people into the band, though.

Novembers Paul said:
Im not sure of the order, but songs that I feel are essential (and this is from my own personal feelings on our songs, not the fan favorites):

Not the Strong
Silent Tomorrow
Harmony Divine
With Rue and Fire
Awaken
Last God
Withen My Flesh
Dawn Breaks
Broken
The Jealous Sun
In The Absence of Grace
For Every Leaf That Falls
I can always make a new one as I get more familiar and have personal long time favs but I knew I couldn't go wrong with your list except I didn't have In the absence of grace so I went with lost in a day. Total time: 77:22 13 tracks

Wow I'm really disappointed that more people didn't partake in this thread. I was very curious to see what people would compile for a comp of ours. We like to hear what you guys think about this sort of thing, and more often than not we don't get nearly enough feedback. It's a shame....

Fuck it, I'll do my list then, heh.

Awaken
Broken
Lost in a Day
Silent Tomorrow
With Rue and Fire
Last God
Aurora's Garden (remix 2001 version)
Spirit Seed
Not The Strong
The Day I Return

There's certain songs I'd want to have on there, such as "Dawn Breaks" or "For Every Leaf That Falls", but I prefer the way they sounded when we performed them live moreso than the actual studio versions. The live version we did of "For Every Leaf..." that we did at House of Blues in 2001, for example, was much heavier and darker. We also used to do a slightly reworked version of "Chorus Of Jasmine" live that I thought was great. Songs like "Forever with unopened eye" and "In Memories Past" always rocked better live as well. But since we don't have actual live recorded versions of this stuff, I didn't include it.
I also didn't include any of the new unreleased material (i.e. Absence of Grace, etc.) since the majority of people still havent heard it and we don't have a truly "completed" version of it recorded yet.