an 80 minute Dark tranquillity comp.

well, I finished mine. It came to about 79:54.

1. The new build
2. the wonders at your feet
3. zodijackyl light
4. cathode ray sunshine
5. out of nothing
6. lethe
7. indifferent suns
8. the sun fired blanks
9. scythe, rage and roses
10. of chaos and eternal night
11. am I 1?
12. of melancholy burning
13. white noise/ black silence
14. haven
15. heden
16. punish my heaven
17. monochromatic stains
18. lost to apathy
19. final resistance

01 FreeCard
02 Punish My Heaven
03 Hedon
04 Crimson Winds
05 Lost To Apathy
06 Hours Passed in Exile
07 Blind At Heart
08 Haven
09 No One
10 Final Resistance
11 The Mundane and the Magic
12 On Your Time
13 A Bolt of Blazing Gold
14 The New Build
15 Midway Through Infinity
16 Lethe
17 Of Chaos and Eternal Night

Total Time: 80:20

i think it would be something like this:

Crimson Winds
Lethe
Yesterworld
Edenspring
Scythe Rage and Roses
Razorfever
Nightfall By the Shore of Time
Of Chaos and Eternal Night
Therein
The Sun Fired Blanks
Fabric
Single Part of Two
The Endless Feed
My Negation
Final Resistance

Total running time: 70 minutes

i think this list would even turn my gangster-hiphop friends instantly into DT fans.
could be a cool live setlist too.

^ whehe good point

btw am i the only one who mentioned Yesterworld (or any pre-Skydancer material) in the list..?
that's kinda sad...

Funny, I just did one this morning:

1. Edenspring
2. The Dividing Line
3. Zodijackal Light
4. Hedon
5. Razorfever
6. Therein
7. The Sun Fired Blanks
8. Dobermann
9. Not Built to Last
10. Haven
11. Fabric
12. Single Part of Two
13. Monochromatic Stains
14. The Treason Wall
15. Cathode Ray Sunshine
16. Lost to Apathy
17. Out of Nothing
18 Am I 1?

Didn't include anything from Skydancer, because, well, I don't have Skydancer. I also wanted to include Cornered and Static from the Exposures album but ran out of space.

Hey -- I've been lurking here for a couple years, and thought what better way to jump in than chiming in with a a DT definitive mix. Well, not definitive, but my personal best. I made a mix back when I first got into DT, before Character & Exposures, so with some adjustments, we have the following, though many favorites remain missing:

1. Monochromatic Stains
2. Built to Last
3. FreeCard
4. The Dividing Line
5. Hedon
6. One Thought
7. Format C: for Cortex
8. Dobermann
9. Haven
10. Poison Well
11. UndoControl
12. Static
13. My Negation
14. Cathode Ray Sunshine
15. Indifferent Suns
16. Lethe
17. The Final Resistance

Hmm, not enough fast tracks, but I guess in my heart of hearts, I only need the occasional speed demon from DT. Other bands feed my need for speed. DT feeds my need for affecting melody, fluent arrangements, eloquent growls (hats off Stanne). Maybe too heavy on DD-era, and I'm sure many would object to the slimness of pre-Projector tracks, but I discovered DT with DD, and while I dig the old stuff (NP: Mind's I), I just don't have the same connection.

Here's how I'd do it... I'm more into the old stuff, though.

Of Chaos and Eternal Night
Monochromatic Stains
Freecard
Senses Tied
Atom Heart 243.5
Mine is the Grandeur of Melancholy Burning
Rundown
The New Build
Emptier Still
Insanity's Crescendo
Punish My Heaven
Away, Delight, Away
The Wonders At Your Feet
Lethe
Tongues
On Your Time

That's my take, lots of "grand" songs, lots of emotional songs, that's what I love the most about DT. Also, On Your Time will always be my all-time all-music favorite closer.

Very good topic IMO. I'm pretty strick what it comes to order of the songs. Many times it feels kinda complicated to make the entity work. For example, The wonders at your feet and The new build somehow doesn't make a good couple. Anyway, after Haven came out I made a compilation for my friend in purpose to introduce DT to him. I divided it to four different chapters:

Chapter I
01. A Bolt of Blazing Gold
02. With the Flaming Shades of Fall
03. Hedon
04. Lethe
05. Insanity's Crescendo
06. UnDo Control
07. The Mind's Eye
Chapter II
08. Scythe, Rage and Roses
09. Edenspring
10. Exposure
11. Zodijackyl Light
Chapter III
12. Punish My Heaven
13. FreeCard
14. Indifferent Suns
15. Emptier Still
Chapter IV
16. Haven
17. Feast of Burden
18. Fabric

As you see, first chapter was more of a older and melancholic material where the second was a raging speed-burst. I don't find any connecting factors between songs in chapter three, but I'm sure that I did have some idea back in the days. Chapter four was a small hit-parade at the end.

And that wasn't build to please my taste, listing would have been different in that situation.

There's lot's of things that make building these hard.

First, volume level change between albums. For example, tracks from Skydancer or The Mind's I are difficult to set because if you put them after some newer song, it sounds like volume goes down a bit and you feel that you must raise the volume.

Then, at least for me it's incomprehensible hard to break the running order I've used to hear on albums. You know, The wonders at your feet is totally opener track, it's weird hear it in middle of the cd. It's like putting My Negation as opener. Anyway, I like from challenges and building a up-to-date collection would be nice one. Gotta get back to this when I have little much more time to use.

80 mins? Fuck put the whole Haven album on their, along with a few off each album. Up to you what you pick really, i'd have to make sure Format C For Cortex was on there and I, Deception from Damage Done. And FreeCard from projector. Any Tranq is good tranq.