Dark Tranquillity in your language!

@lantis... The translation was quite accurate! Eventhough some of the words are untranslatable...:) You have allready deserved the present, I can, of course, handle it over when you are in Gothenburg (eventhough the idea of putting it on Södra Vägen with a note is not such a good one...:)... or else you just have to wait till I travel to Italy (February) or until WOA 02..:)

PS: today all the swedes in Rome celebrate (it's early, I know, but today it's saturday, so..) their..."St. Lucy"?? How do ye call it???... I've been drinking glögg so far......and love the world right now

It´s just "lucia" , and it´s celebrated december thirteenth (major spelling problem) Glögg is great (depending on how much you drink...:)

Anyway...

-phyrosout-

@ phyros
Not in Södra Vägen? Oh, are there many atlantis in Gothenburg??;)
I can wait, but oh- I couldn't tell where I am going to be in february, now....who knows, maybe I could be living quite closer to you...a matter of kms:)
But anyway,it seems that I have to keep on dreaming my present (sigh sigh...;)...
Ok, I'll drink something to forget...

As for Lucia (Lucia is typically italian, as you may know), glögg is great... that great....
(As for swedish drink, up Pripps Blå!!!!!)

Ok, that will do:)

Hallo. I was interested in if there is anyone out there who knows any stuff about the swedish metal history? how it all started out and what's happend under the years till what finally is today. I'm doing a research in school and I'm kinda stuck. I'll be asking this in the In Flames and Dark Tranquillity forum.

Laterz and thanks // Markus

Something chupi is something good, great. Or it could be like "ok, it's fine" or "I'm agree". This isn't a common word here in Spain, 'cos is used by the children. If a big and terrible heavy with long hair as I'm say "chupi", It sounds so amusing. :p

Originally posted by |ngenius
Something chupi is something good, great. Or it could be like "ok, it's fine" or "I'm agree". This isn't a common word here in Spain, 'cos is used by the children. If a big and terrible heavy with long hair as I'm say "chupi", It sounds so amusing. :p

|ngenius, i've never seen you in my life, but just the idea of anyone saying 'chupi' is quite funny indeed.;)

rahvin.

Originally posted by |ngenius

Weird...I always say "chuuupi" (or chupi chupi) to some roomates (with some tenderness, usually) when I have done something _that_ wrong (= didn't wash the dishes, forgot to pay some bills, said something awfully funny during sad moments etc etc--ehm, they have no sense of humour, I fear...-- ...) and need forgiveness... it works.... :D:heh:

Now that I know the real spanish meaning, I feel much better. Thank, |ngenius, d'ye still want to marry me?

@lantis... Arghh! How could I forgett!? All those lesson in school, where they kept repeating that Lucia was a saint from italy who was burnt on the stakes... Sorry:) Well, there are probably not THAT many @lantis´s in gothenburg, but what do I know? Just keep dreaming... It will be worth it, oh yeah...:)

About the pripps blå thingie... Well it´s Swedish lager, and as such, not a great beer, eventhough it suits the purpose just fine (get drunk and forgett that your present is far far away...:)

Nough for today

-mebeout-

@tlantis: Didn't we get married yet? Jopelines (another chupi word). I only can think about ya, before fall asleep, when I wake up, every thought I have is 'bout ya. And sometimes 'bout mariners singing in a boat in the middle of the sea, but anyway, you know I wish to express...

@Phyros: I knew the translation of your phrase, but I waited for someone to let him/her to improve his/her swedish. I'm a bit insane, I must say the truth, but I'm not perilous, don't worry.

@Rahvin: Hey, hey, I'm not as terrible as I said. Can I enter in your world, please?

yes we are :) (but just a bit)

and as for the meaning of chupi, I should also say that is one of the words not expected to come out from the mouth of a big man!
I gets all the mistery and seriousness from a guy into pieces. So I'm superrequetechupi :)

Originally posted by Phyros
[BJust keep dreaming... It will be worth it, oh yeah...:)
[/B]

I hope so. What should I do if it's not going to be worth it?
Torture you to death?:heh:

About the pripps blå thingie... Well it´s Swedish lager, and as such, not a great beer, eventhough it suits the purpose just fine (get drunk and forgett that your present is far far away...:)
[/B]

I like Pripps.... much more than falcon and TT... It's strange you don't think it's a great beer...of course Carlsberg may be better;), but in Italy Pripps has many supporter..well by the way what would you expect from a country that produces Peroni e Moretti beer?;)
Joking... Moretti is not that bad.... (just a lil'..)

Originally posted by FatherVic
Thief of time¿¿¿¿????
is that coming after The Fifth Elephant???
As a side note to what rahve said, I suggest you www.lspace.org the most complete and reliable PTerry online resources site (with annotations for tons of his books, moreover) and for the *ahem* online versions I strongly suggest you not to search on alt.fan.pratchett or alt.books.pratchett since it'd make ppl there very angry (just like ppl asking here where the DD mp3 can be found ;)) and to look at alt.binaries.e-book, instead. Since the time when this exchange of posts between you and rahve was made, btw, two new DW book have been released. A beautiful graphic novel called "The Last Hero" with wonderful illustrations by Paul Kidby and an incredibly hilarious though quite short story (you'll never find it online, since it's almost impossible to scan) and a young adult DW Book (thus less funny and deep but quite fairyrtale and enjoyable) called "The Amazing Maurice And His Educated Rodents". More infos on the site, or on afp, r on abp :)

Alfred (do the Pratchett-related thread tend to resurface on their own, or is that just my impression?)

:D
yup I've visited the site, somehow I got lost on my town's library and don't know how i got there.....dimensions, ah? ;)

well actually I don't read online books, mostly because my universtity is already virtual, and I would lost contact to reality, and would finally try to learn braille on the net, and filling my screen with little holes would help my reading. Basically that's why I tend to buy the books, and actually I'm the kind of freak that buy the two versions, the Spanish and the English one....but now there's just English releases left, and still I'm in the very middle of the DW series....
which is your fave TP book btw???
as a whole for me it's Good Omens, but from the DW series, I'd go for Eric :D

fathervic (Eric, if you find some amphibian coming out of the water and trying to breathe, please, tell it doesn't worth the try" :) )

hmmm......there is a bit of the thief of time/an extract/info/a sth anyway (i don't know ecxactly-haven't read it yet) after the end of my 5th elephant book...i have the harper torch edition,btw

~mel~(i have a feeling i am rather :Spam:ing than posting tonight.....)

FatherVic is supported by Corgi Books :)

fathervic (Corgi editions owns)

PS: or was it fathervic (owns corgi editions) :err: