Dark Tranquillity in your language!

as for the other word, there's no way past it, but i would suggest spelling it wrong to preserve a correct translation, because, news flash: in english you should spell it with a single 'l'.

Tranquillity with two l's is not wrong by any means. In fact, tranquillity and tranquility are both correct spellings; I think British Englsih is 'tranquillity', and US English is tranquility...
Just the same as with color/colour, traveler/traveller, realise/realize, gray/grey, and countless other English words...

according to cambridge dictionary, tranquillity with two l's is considered 'literary'.
'wrong' is indeed a strong word, and i didn't mean it (if i used it at all, can't remember) to be deprecative: dt and any other source has all the right to shape the language to best suit their needs and wishes. when it comes to translation, though, it is better to keep in mind the flavo(u)r of the original and act consequently. 'tranquillity' is indeed uncommon: 'tranquillità' in italian is a well-known and used word. hence the need for something more peculiar.

rahvin.

Originally posted by rahvin
how about 'la quiete nera'? (yep, with the article too)
@atlantis: stop flattering me in public just to brutally scold me in private! :)
rahvin.

Flattering whaaat? Just fair play- i panni sporchi si lavano in casa (how would ye translate it??)
And after all, I'm too old and tired and lost after coyotes, oysters (ehehehe, ostriche anyway:D) and whatever else to waste my time with poetry:)
You are young and strong, play the poet
;)

Originally posted by atlantis

Flattering whaaat? Just fair play- i panni sporchi si lavano in casa (how would ye translate it??)

Something like "dirty cloths must be washed at home"???
we have a very similar idiom in Spanish, but hey, feel at home....
let's just gossip about rahvin here.... :loco:

Originally posted by FatherVic
we have a very similar idiom in Spanish, but hey, feel at home....
let's just gossip about rahvin here.... :loco:

Ehehhe, naah, we have the wonderful opportunity to insult each others in lovely italian ways, by email.... why should we waste them with the english?;)
Let's try to fake we are gooooood and politically correct people:D

Originally posted by FatherVic

that's a good translation, but maybe the english idiom of reference is 'better keep it in the family' or something like that.

but i see mutual understanding with our friends from spain is growing steadily. :D

rahvin.

Sooo... the topic is moving... Therfore.... Have a go in your translation at this Swedish saying: "ni har alla tomtar på loftet" :) Anyway, I´m out for the pub!

-phyros, over and out-

well WE ARE politically correct, that's why I want to see how do you insult each other!!!!! ;)
You see??? Phyros just insulted (insult is a regular verb???) and we didn't even notice...
they won't notice, hopefuly I'll do, so keep on fighting, I'm here lurking, and taking notes....don't waste forces writing emails nobody can laugh at!!! do it public, as politeness requires
:cool:

fathervic (who deeply knows there's nothing stupid enough ppl won't do)

I'm not politically correct. So, who is politically correct here?

A) Officer Barbrady?
B) Perhaps Chef?
C) Mr. Hat?
D) The entire team "Denver's Broncos" of the year 92?

@fathervic: i'm not about to offend a five-months old miss, publicly or privately. even in the mails, she does all the bad-words stuff, burps a few times and then throws her plastic yak at me (pratchett fans should get this) :D

anyways, i'm not politically correct. look: kids! desrespect your parents! set nearby woods on fire! insult gays and fat people! listen to marylin manson! drink a bottle of brandy then jump in a stolen car and trample a few passers-by!
that's enough anarchy for a few years, don't you think? ;)

rahvin.

Originally posted by |ngenius
I think she wanted to express this: "|ngenius have the fuego inside him, he's quite attractive and clever". Thank you!
How did you?...It was just my thought......you're welcome, by the way:D

Originally posted by Phyros
Sooo... the topic is moving... Therfore.... Have a go in your translation at this Swedish saying: "ni har alla tomtar på loftet" :)
phyros, over and out-
Mhn..something like "Do you have Santa Clauses around, in your loft?"..or "are you stupid?" (but not as an offence, more kidding)

did I win something?ù

:loco:

@tlantis (not givin´up!) Good translation...:) But I would rather say something like " you all have pixies on your head!" instead...:) And yeah, it´s not meant as an insult...:)

Hmmm... Yeah, you´ll get a present... I´ll handle it over peronally in W:O:A 02... :)

Originally posted by Phyros
@tlantis (not givin´up!) Good translation...:) But I would rather say something like " you all have pixies on your head!" instead...:) And yeah, it´s not meant as an insult...:)

Hmmm... Yeah, you´ll get a present... I´ll handle it over peronally in W:O:A 02... :)

@lantis, like it better;)
Ehehehe, my swedish is improving...(yeah yeah)..

2) which present, eh, which present?:D

Hey, hey, Phyros! I'll play with "At The Flames..." at W:O:A 2002, and you won't give me a present? Bad boy, Phyroscete, you're quite bad child! As we usually say here: "Pam, pam al culo, Phyros".

ehmmmm rahvin, I'm a Pratchett fan and didn't got that, I suppose it's mainly because I've read half of pratchett books in Spanish and actually don't know what yak means....
but I'll keep trying :p

"hey what are ya listening????"
"oh, a new band out there...Ankoku no Seijaku"
"what the..."

XDDDDDDDDDDDD

The Japanese sounded great!

And, yeah...

@lantis- You´ll see, you´ll see...:9 It´s something really swedish, you just have to wait...:), and I´ll give you another one, this one to see if you´r equally good when Göteborgska is the language...:) "Där sket du daj i näven, |ngenius, du måsste la göra nått för att kunna kräva en present? Eru helt go i hövvet, eller?"

@|ngenius your present is in göteborgska, above...:)

HEHEHE!!! I´m evil! :)

-phyros,overandout-