If the world were as it should be...

Wrathchild

Miserable Bastard
Apr 16, 2001
Enfield, South Australia
Visit site
- I wouldn't have done that bloody unbearable Honours year in '97. I would have done my Grad Dip in creative writing instead, and followed it up in '98 with a Masters.

- I would then have some idea how to cope with a novel-length manuscript, and made a shitload of money from doing so several times over.

- I would then have bought my late grandmother's house, supervised the necessary renovations and moved in.

- I would spend my days writing books, stories, screenplays and comics, and attract a cult following at night with a nationally syndicated interactive radio show, consisting of a selection of my favourite music and my own inflammatory opinions on life, the universe and everything.

The second of these is still within the realms of possibility, especially if I decide to go back to uni at some point and get that Masters. All the others are just pipe dreams. Much as I enjoy the volunteer radio work I already do, I can't convince anyone to let me run things my way :lol:.

Does anyone else out there have a wishlist as overambitious as mine? Post it here, and we can all waste our time searching for those wasted years. (Ah-HAH! I *knew* there was a Maiden connection in there somewhere.)

W

I've been thinking recently of doing some sort of course, probably to do with English. Can't be bothered, though.

Wrathy, why do you need a Masters or whatever to know how to handle a novel-length manuscript?

There will be plenty of time for self pity and dwelling on what might have been when you are dead!

Reactions: Mark
Im going to write one about a futuristic amusement park where dinosaurs are brought to life! I call it Johnny And The Clonosaurus!

Well, let me see....

If the world was as it should be, everything would be just like it was from '87 - '89, Dungeon would have a HUUUGEEE record deal and I'd be with the girl of my dreams! :)

One of those is in motion now, one hopefully will be one day and as soon as I get this blasted time machine to work properly I can work on the last thing! HAHAHAHA!

Spiff, because I have absolutely no focus or self-discipline and need some sort of long term goal to shoot for. The aim of this Masters course is to produce a publishable manuscript of some kind. After I've done that once, it shouldn't be too hard to repeat the performance :).

Mark, whaddya mean illiterate? You rule the whole internet fer Christ's sake :heh:. HTML is more of a cash cow than English these days.

Spawn, most of the past does suck. I'm talking about fixing the future here. Onward and upward to glory :headbang:.

LT, if you'll forgive me for misquoting Meatloaf, one out of three ain't bad :D. The girl of your dreams will come along and bleed you dry once you've signed that record deal, and as for going back to 1987, ye canna change the laws o' physics, Tim!

W

And maybe I can write the lyrics! I started work on a very cheesy metal anthem called "Divide and Conquer" after hearing Kill 'Em All for the first time. Now if I could only remember where I put the damn thing...

W

You can sue whoever eventually comes up with it :) (It has to happen sooner or later...)

If the world was as it should be:

- I'd be a rock/metal star, or playing football (soccer) for Everton alongside Wayne Rooney.

- Actually it would be 1987, because that's the last year Everton won the title. I'd like to play with that team. Plus metal was great back then.

- There would be no fucking pricks in immigration who stop my wife from being with me.

- I would not being doing honours this year, but would be touring the world instead.

- St Kilda would have won more than one premiership.

- Iron Maiden would be my buddies.

- I wouldn't have heard of principal components analysis, cluster analysis, or correspondence analysis.

- St George would have won a premiership in the last 20 years.

- I'd travel more than I have lately.

Hmmm I don't ask for much, do I?

phlogiston said:
I'd be Southy's friend and sponge of him, because I'm too lazy to go out and make something of my own life.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

If the world were as it should be then I'd be a rockstar and you lot would be my rockstar mates. :) But if it were as it really should be then I'd actually be a rock photographer taking your piccies for all your albums and backstage with an Access All Areas pass at every gig. I wouldn't be in the pit, that's grunt work. :Smug:

Wrathchild said:
LT, if you'll forgive me for misquoting Meatloaf, one out of three ain't bad :D. The girl of your dreams will come along and bleed you dry once you've signed that record deal, and as for going back to 1987, ye canna change the laws o' physics, Tim!

HAHAHAHA! Well, we've signed the deal, I've already met the girl (although being with her isn't possible right now) and physics... pfftt! I failed that at school anyway so I don't owe it nuthin'! HAHAHA!

To tell the truth, as awesome as 1987 was I'm glad it's 2003 - I've learnt a lot and grown a lot and met some very important people, especially in the last few years! It would just be nice for 2003 to be more like 1987, though! HAHA!