If Threshold is out, how about ENCHANT in?

Anakinnnn

Dec 5, 2003
Visit site

Seems like a good replacement band to me, and the board has been clamoring for them for ages.......and they are in the U.S.......might be able to get them on short notice and on the cheap.....and have Inside Out foot the bill?
So how about it.......

Anyone?......Anyone?...........Bueller..........

Anakin

Though I agree with the sentiment of the majority of this thread, one need not be a rocket scientist to see that Glenn may have to find a replacement. Furthermore, I can virtually guarantee that Glenn has a shortlist already and is making calls.

I was going to post something similar to this... a little more delicately worded however. I would love to see Threshold play, and I don't see any reason they wouldn't at this point.

However, in the instance they have to step out, I'd rather see Dark Empire in.

Seems like a good replacement band to me, and the board has been clamoring for them for ages.......and they are in the U.S.......might be able to get them on short notice and on the cheap.....and have Inside Out foot the bill? So how about it.......

Anakin

Only if they open on Saturday which would allow Firewind and Communic to each move up one slot. :kickass:

I hope Threshold can make it though, and with Damien Wilson. However, if you noticed on the band's website, they have no less than 21 international dates coming up, starting on August 4. Trying to find someone to step in for that kind of committment (not just one or two shows, and note that ProgPower USA is stop #18) is a lot to ask of someone in such as short period of time. Unless the band can find a frontman who can perform Mac's entire catalog as good as better as Mac within two weeks, I'm betting most of the dates on Threshold's upcoming tour will be scrapped. More than likely, the tour will be cut down to a select few dates to make things more manageable for Mac's replacement, if there is to be one beyond Damien's two gigs announced to date. Remember, Damien stepped in for a couple of shows to BEFORE Mac announced he totally quit the band. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the band and Damien can work something out.

I'm sure Damian would welcome the opportunity to finally perform in the United States with his former band if his prior commitments allow him to. I've spoken to him in the past via e-mail and he said he has always wanted to come here to perform; what better stage than the PP one with his former bandmates...

Let me nip all these cheerleader posts in the bud right now. Threshold is my #1 priority. If they cannot do the show, then I already have a very short list of potential replacements in mind. I have not contacted anyone yet as it would silly to do some until the Threshold/Damien situation is settled.

I didn't mean disrespect to anyone including the guys of Threshold. In fact, Threshold was my biggest draw this year and for anyone who knows me, they are my second favorite band and have been. I have followed them since their first album. My favorite band has and probably always will be Enchant ever since I discovered them.

I am so disappointed I can't describe it when it comes to Mac leaving Threshold. I thought they had FINALLY found their voice after having a revolving door on their leadman position. He stuck with them for a long time and I actually thought they might even start to "make it" financially to at least live on. It's sad that he can't continue with them as he was my favorite vocalist of the three, though the other two were no slouches.

I was just trying to be realistic because I have no idea how they are going to make it to ProgPower. It's not that far from now and I worry that they won't even be able to get here with Wilson being able to pull off everything.

So, sorry to anyone who thought I was slighting Richard and Co. of Threshold.

Thanks

ANAKIN

I want Threshold with Mac!!!!!
But if I cant have that, Enchant would make me feel a whole lot better about the situation!

Amen! Damian is a fine vocalist, but I bought their last five cds because of Mac. I love Carl's guitar work, but it's Mac's voice that makes it all work for me. I know other's have said they like Damian better, or they don't care one way or another, but for me it just doesn't work.:cry:

So bring on Enchant! (no visas)LOL

Enchant?? How bout some Therion! I know they played higher time slot last time but it really doesn't matter when it comes to progpower, whos with me? lol. yeah i did see what glenn said by the way, but one can dream right??:headbang:

Threshold (with Mac) and After Forever are the only 2 bands for me this year. If no Mac, then Enchant OR another awesome obscure band will be the only thing getting me to go this year since After Forever will be in Houston with Sonata Arctica. I hate to jump the gun and will wait to find out what will happen I guess.

edit... I forgot about Redemption! doh! But, I am seeing them next week with Dream Theater :)