if you had heard it last year, it would have been in your top 10

a couple of mine:
primordial - to the nameless dead (my first ever primordial cd)
watain - sworn to the dark (ive been a fan for a while, but i never realized this was so good!)
~gR~

These two are excellent albums.

I bought Watain's Sworn to the Dark just the other day, unfortunately. Been listening to it a lot :kickass:

Got Primordial a few months after release, it's amazing. I also like their previous album, Gathering Wilderness

Chaos Moon's next album will probably be even better than the first 2, and The Corpse of Rebirth is also a great album.

I really haven't checked out any 2007 releases recently - I essentially gave up caring before the year was even up. I found 2007 to be quite a mediocre year for music/metal, especially black metal, and many of the albums I looked forward to were disappointing. But, probably the last one I did would have been Comédie Macabre's Blasphemia a few months ago. If I had made a top 10, that would have likely been a late addition.

Me too, i discovered the new Primordial a bit late, but it is guarantee in my top 5. Such a fantastic album.

The Art of Partying was in my bottom 3 last year. Absolutely terrible.

If I want crossover, I'll listen to DRI or Corrosion of Conformity - Animosity

I'm so "middle of the road" when it comes to Devin Townsend. Sometimes he's just great & other times he's boring as fuck. I think a lot of his stuff sounds the same. There's hardly any variation in his music. I agree that Synchestra is one of his worst albums though, & "Babysong" is fucking atrocious.