What is left to come out this year?

Their next cd is a blind buy for me. Sure they're not as mind blowing as they used to be, but their work still stands head and shoulders above all the other music.

Really? I gave up after I heard Deliverance. BWP should have been enough, but I gave them another shot.

I agree with JayK in that no one* cares about them anymore. * denotes the majority of people who got into the band pre-Still Life. Nowadays the folks who constantly praise the band are newbies not only to the band, but to metal in general, for the most part.

im really looking forward to the new Helrunar.

Deliverance is still my favourite Opeth, which consequently is the only album of theirs I ever listen to with any sort of Metamucil-like regularity. Still Life and My Arms, Your Hearse are pretty solid, the others are okay.

I didn't like Ghost Reveries very much, but I cannot deny that they are a pretty good band, I just simply lost interest in them around the time that one came out. I'd likely check out a new album, but wouldn't be in any rush. Freakin' AMAZING live show.

MajestikMøøse;6610631 said:
That Blood of Kingu better be cool.
[SIZE=+1]De Occulta Philosophia CD, December 2007[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1](Reference #FERLY044CD.)
HATE FOREST's new incarnation, BLOOD OF KINGU, surfaces for the first time, after an exasperatingly long wait. If you take HATE FOREST's "Purity" and "Sorrow", and add ancient Tibet and Indo-Aryan ethnic elements, traditional instruments, and deep Shamanic vocals, you will have an approximate idea of what this sounds like. Inspired by Summerian, ancient Egyptian, and Indo-Aryan mythology and history, this blasting opus presents a radical synthesis of the brutal fist and intellectual genius. [/SIZE]

Temnozor' promised to fiish their new album till the new year. But I'm afraid that's not going to happen.

[SIZE=+1]De Occulta Philosophia CD, December 2007[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1](Reference #FERLY044CD.)
HATE FOREST's new incarnation, BLOOD OF KINGU, surfaces for the first time, after an exasperatingly long wait. If you take HATE FOREST's "Purity" and "Sorrow", and add ancient Tibet and Indo-Aryan ethnic elements, traditional instruments, and deep Shamanic vocals, you will have an approximate idea of what this sounds like. Inspired by Summerian, ancient Egyptian, and Indo-Aryan mythology and history, this blasting opus presents a radical synthesis of the brutal fist and intellectual genius. [/SIZE]

The only Hate Forest I know is Battlefields. I've avoided the others because I understand they come from the land of blastbeat-for-the-sake-of-blastbeat central. On one listen, this Blood of Kingu sounds just like that. Shame really because the concept sounded good and some of the riffs are supreme Drudkh like quality.

Hate Forest's use of blastbeats are not gratuitous since, you know, their primary motivation is the expression of Hate (in a Forest).

When did blast beats equate to being shit?!? Sure they shouldn't be used to fill the entire canvas of an album's drum work, but fuck this is God damn heavy Metal we're talking about here?!?!?!

But...they don't? Trust me, I'm not one to laud the blast beat either, but I can appreciate the way that Hate Forest utilizes it. I was just listening to Purity today, and some of it (especially toward the end of The Gates) can be downright hypnotizing.