what new albums are left this year.....

I strongly disagree. Not every song is a winner but it was a favorite of mine from that year

I didn't hate it, but too slick of production for a NWOBHM band.

I was blown away when I first heard the Save Us 7" (Thanks to our resident DMR). So raw and catchy.

This had all the usual modern Nuc Blast production and almost goth influences creeping in all over it.

I didn't hate it, but too slick of production for a NWOBHM band.

I was blown away when I first heard the Save Us 7" (Thanks to our resident DMR). So raw and catchy.

This had all the usual modern Nuc Blast production and almost goth influences creeping in all over it.

exactly...it was like a rip off of Therion with the current production and look.

Well Andy Sneap (the producer) is the bands guitarist so it makes sense that they would end up with Andy Sneap production. I'm not exactly a fan myself. Don't matter though, the songs speak for themselves and fuck the look, those guys were ahead of the other bands doing dark satanic-gothy imagery. Unless it involves one of their very talented singers, thoughts of Therion never cross my mind

Maybe I have to listen again, but I don't get the Therion comparison. I know you guys complained before about the production; it doesn't bother me. Then again though, I have nothing to compare it to, though I do have the double disc.

I just heard the new Hell single "The Age of Nefarious." It sounds like new Blind Guardian. Add it to your shopping list if you're a fan of Nuclear Blast Epic Symphonic Hollywood Metal.

You have said many dumb things over the years.....but this one takes the cake!!!

Once again my friend, just like with Simon, my guess is this was your first introduction to the band. If you knew them from their single, you would know what I mean. Is it a BAD album? No. But it's certainly more "slick"

You have been hanging around the PP crowd too much if you are seriously going to say someone's opinion is "dumb"

Ok, let me clarify.....
It was garbage in that it did not sound like the original HELL at all.
It was good for what it was.

The modern metal community ate it up like they did with GHOST.
They became the more mainstream cult band, by changing their sound.

That's why I said it was garbage.

No need to get defensive, as we all know you can name 1000000 black metal bands no one has heard of.

No need to get defensive, as we all know you can name 1000000 black metal bands no one has heard of.

I'd rather this dig than the constant "you only like/don't like this because you don't know/weren't there". At least this one's true!

I'd also argue that, especially in recent times, there have been many 80's obscure/cult bands that released new albums that sound quite different from their classic material....and nobody cares. Because they suck.

I'd also argue that, especially in recent times, there have been many 80's obscure/cult bands that released new albums that sound quite different from their classic material....and nobody cares. Because they suck.

Ok, now that was just really mean to Witchfinder General.
What did they ever do to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :devil:

Ok, let me clarify.....
It was garbage in that it did not sound like the original HELL at all.

I think the point is by calling something garbage, it implies it's terrible, which now you admit it isn't terrible. Having said that, it's definitely hard to applaud a band that does something good if you're used to a certain sound. For instance, that's why I hate Pink Bubbles. It probably would be an alright album if it wasn't for the Keepers albums, but I hate it in comparison.

Absolutely,
But the HELL album wasn't created for the very small amount of people who knew who they were before it was released.

A lot of promotional $$$$ and efforts were put behind that thing to make it reach to the masses, which it did.

They were not at all trying to appeal to the 7" NWOBHM crowd.

Now, I am not at all saying that I am in "this crowd" as I am not.
bUt that's pretty much where the majority of their old fan base began and ended up until the Nuc Blast release.