what new albums are left this year.....

Absolutely,
But the HELL album wasn't created for the very small amount of people who knew who they were before it was released.

A lot of promotional $$$$ and efforts were put behind that thing to make it reach to the masses, which it did.

They were not at all trying to appeal to the 7" NWOBHM crowd.

Now, I am not at all saying that I am in "this crowd" as I am not.
bUt that's pretty much where the majority of their old fan base began and ended up until the Nuc Blast release.

7" NWOBHM crowd?? This isnt 1980, theyre trying to appeal to people now, not 33 years ago. I havent heard the new song and i havent heard the old 7" songs so i cant judge, but i heard the cd they put out 2 years ago and it rocks.

And yes i know, all of us arguing with you werent around back then so we dont get it and understand it.

I wasn't around back then myself!
As I said, I don't consider myself to be in "that crowd" by any means.
I only first heard it about 5 years ago.
But I did hear it before the new album came out, and it was nothing in comparison. It was slick and marketed towards the modern metal crowd.

Don't worry, you will be over it soon.

Don't see anyone defending GHOST anymore either! Ha!

Something fans of "Human Remains" may not know is that the band promised to release a 3CD box set of all their material several years ago. After many delays (it was supposed to come out on Miskatonic, after all), the band cancelled it and decided to re-record their old songs instead. As you can imagine, everyone who was looking forward to that box were PISSED. Getting a bonus disc of demos with the CD wasn't much of a consolation prize, since they didn't do much to clean them up. They didn't sound any better than rips you can find on the net. Also, some of their best songs were missing. Why they decided to pass over "Land of the Living Dead" and "Depths of Despair" in favor of junk like "No Martyr's Cage" is beyond me.

Jason, be a man and stick to your guns. You were right the first time, the album is garbage.

Like you during your fabled 10-year break from metal ;)

Oh man, you wanna go there?
Great!! Let's. Many here could use the education!

Let's rewind, shall we???

Sure, to you, in retrospect, Combat was that great label that brought the metal world such great bands as Bathory, VoiVod, Running Wild, etc, etc.

For us who "WERE" there, Combat also introduced a subsidiary label called COMBAT CORE. That exposed a LOT of metalheads, such as myself, here in the United States to bands like GBH and the EXPLOITED for the first time amongst other US crossover bands like the CRUMBSUCKERS and LUDICHRIST and AGNOSTIC FRONT.

It was a natural progression that many metalheads got turned on by the DIY nature of such bands. This was also the rise of other cross over bands on larger labels (IE - ENIGMA) such as DRI and COC.

To further the interest in punk, many long running European bands were fading into obscurity here in the States. Do you think at that time you could easily find Helloween's "Pink Bubbles" or Destructions "Them Not Me" EP in the US? Hell no!!! most in the States didn't even know they existed!!!

This was the beginning of the US death metal movement as well.
The cross over bands were closer to the thrash stuff that I liked.

Once I got into cross over, I heavily discovered the US Hardcore underground, and bands like 7 Seconds and Government Issue and Naked Raygun quickly became my favorite bands.

I know you didn't ask for it. But I had to tell this "fabled" tale........

It was something we lived through.
It wasn't something we read about online.

Believe me though. It is a HELL (no pun intended, well maybe a little!), of a lot better today in the ability to discover bands. It has just made the process a heck of a lot easier, and lets face it. Enabled you to know 10000 Black Metal bands most of us haven't heard of!! But its all fun, eh???

Interesting enough intro that overstays its welcome. Safe, bland riffs. Stu is a very, very capable vocalist, but aping Matt Barlow isn't one of his strengths. Song goes nowhere. No climax. Boring lyrics. There is absolutely no reward for sitting through the eight minutes.

Interesting enough intro that overstays its welcome. Safe, bland riffs. Stu is a very, very capable vocalist, but aping Matt Barlow isn't one of his strengths. Song goes nowhere. No climax. Boring lyrics. There is absolutely no reward for sitting through the eight minutes.

Couldn't have said it any better. others mentioned it on the other forum, but Stu is a very good singer and I don't understand the need to make him a Barlow clone. I personally loved the previous album but this doesn't bode well. I don't blame Stu though; I'm sure Jon is coaching him to be that way.